cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fako credit went up 50 pts...fico stays idle why?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fako credit went up 50 pts...fico stays idle why?

I paid a collections account. It was closed and removed. Hats a win. Also my utilization was under 15% this past month. I'm gaining success. So question is in my title. Should I just scrap credit karma? Why the unbalance of information? Falsehoods of successes?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fako credit went up 50 pts...fico stays idle why?

FAKO is a score used primarily by free monitoring websites to give people hope to apply for cards.  If they apply, those sites get affiliate commission money to the tune of maybe millions of dollars a year.

FAKO is not a score used for lending purposes or creditworthiness by any lender who would ever admit it.  A few lenders tried VantageScore a few years ago but all of them dumped it because it's a horrible algorithm for detecting bad borrowers.

Just focus on FICO.  Dropping a single collection or derogatory may mean 0 points if you have other derogatories that are more recent.  Lowering utilization overall may mean nothing if you're in the same utilization tier, or if one card still has high utilization alone.

Credit Karma is useful for being notified of credit inquiries (hard) or new accounts.  It won't catch them all but it's a nice free feature.  Everything else on that site is usually useless, especially their "credit card suggestions" features.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fako credit went up 50 pts...fico stays idle why?

Great information thanks!!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.