Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fall off Date-Annual Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fall off Date-Annual Credit Report

So when I pull my free Annual credit report on thier website, it gives dates as to when the delinquincies or baddies should come off. So can I expect that they will be cleared from my report around that time? I have 13 accounts that are reporting negatively (old debt thats been charged off, accounts closed, etc), or will I need to reach out to the orignal reporting agency? Or last debt holder?

4 REPLIES 4
silver_idle
Established Contributor

Re: Fall off Date-Annual Credit Report

That is correct. It may be at the first of the month, the last of the month, or just anytime during the month of when it suppose to fall off. Depends on the CRA and how they will handle it. If the date is coming closer, you could try for early exclusion by contacting the CRA but they arent obligated to remove it, though TU and EX are known to allow early exclusions within 3 to 6 months of the fall off date, while EQ is known to be a tad harder.

Message 2 of 5
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Typically you will see them off the month after so if it says it will fall off in November they should be showing off December but sometimes it does take some a little longer than others.   Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You can ask for EE. Ask for a supervisor.

TU - 6 months early
EX - 3 months early
EQ - 30 days early, but don’t do it. They'll screw it up worse. Let it go on its own.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The exclusion language for charge-offs and collections (FCRA 605(a)(4)) and for monthly delinquencies (FCRA 605(a)(5)) is that exclusion must occur once the adverse item antedates the report by more than 7 years.

Thus, statutory exclusion kicks in the month after expiration of the 7 year exclusion period, not in last month of the 7 year period.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.