Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Farmers Furniture Closed Acct

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Farmers Furniture Closed Acct

Credit is growing and doors has opened but still have one baddie haunting me.

I have a derogatory from farmers that closed for non payment. Closed in 2017 for non payment and last reported activity was July 2019. I tried to get things right before that, but when I made 1 payment, the next month they closed it. 

Life happened, had to stop working twice, mom was dying from cancer, managed to stay afloat...after she passed went back to work... grandmother become ill, went on hospice...drained 401k to do whatever I had to for her last months...

So now here's the consequences... I did call them but as I stated after 1 payment didn't help me out and when they closed it after that I was like screw it...

I'm not sure whether to leave alone or what. 

Has anyone dealt with them before or have advise please?

I know they said it will just update as paid but it will still be a baddie..

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Farmers Furniture Closed Acct

@Anonymous wrote:

Credit is growing and doors has opened but still have one baddie haunting me.

I have a derogatory from farmers that closed for non payment. Closed in 2017 for non payment and last reported activity was July 2019. I tried to get things right before that, but when I made 1 payment, the next month they closed it. 

Life happened, had to stop working twice, mom was dying from cancer, managed to stay afloat...after she passed went back to work... grandmother become ill, went on hospice...drained 401k to do whatever I had to for her last months...

So now here's the consequences... I did call them but as I stated after 1 payment didn't help me out and when they closed it after that I was like screw it...

I'm not sure whether to leave alone or what. 

Has anyone dealt with them before or have advise please?

I know they said it will just update as paid but it will still be a baddie..

I don't have terribly much to offer you, but hang in there! I almost thought I was reading a post of my own. I am sorry for your losses, I too have been shook by both family and financial tragedies. Just take a day at a time and you will get on track again. I know for me, losing my entire 401k and all my assests was painful, but I never considered not doing it. I was grateful to have my mother those extra months before she passed and I could have never lived with myself if I had not tried to pay for her care, so I get it. My credit was rocked and is slowly improving now that my life and finances are more stable again.

Is the account close or described as charged off? If it hasn't been sent to collections, I'd try to work it out. It may be considered a maxxed out account, but at least they aren't updating monthly (you said since 2019), so at least your scores can start healing. When this happened to me (several times), it was in between the OC and CA. You may get some notice from a CA at some point. If they do, maybe deal with them before they start reporting on your CRs, but not all wait. I guess at a minimum, see if the OC holds the account before making your next move. Don't make amy promises to repay until you know who owns the account and go from there. Maybe someone who has dealt with them can help more.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Farmers Furniture Closed Acct

Thank you so much and sorry for the loss of your mom as well 💔!  Definitely no regrets!

The account is close and still with the OC. Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.