Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast cash/loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fast cash/loans

I need to try to find someone to loan me about $6000 so I can try for a PFD on a previous repossession. I already asked my local Credit Union who I bank thru and the assistant manager told me that since I do have that repossession on my report, the underwriters will not approve the loan.  Se said that if I had matching funds in a savings account that they could do something, but if I had the money in the first place.... My next option would be to check into American General Finance.  I've heard that it doesn't look good to have them on your credit report though? Plus I don't even know if I'd qualify for that??  My only baddie on my CR is this charged off auto loan (repo).  Does anybody have any advice?  Is it worth me trying for the American General loan or am I better off having the charge off?  I'm so confused? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fast cash/loans

Has the auto company agreed to the pfd.  If they have agreed to it in writing I would say go for it, especially since that is your only baddie.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No..Actually I wanted to make sure that I could get the money before I sent a PFD letter. 

Has anybody dealt with American General before?  what's their requirements?  Are there any other similar companies out there?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please don't get a loan through american general. Do you have any idea what they charge in interest and fees? For example my boyfriend got a loan through them for $3500 @ 27.8% interest and over $1,900 just in fees. So can you imagine what a loan of $6,000 would cost?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ouch!  Really?  Dang...Anybody else have any suggestions?  Isn't it illegal to sell kidneys on Ebay?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.