Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast forward 12 months

tag
dacv01
Regular Contributor

Fast forward 12 months

I decided I would give a little review on how my credit journey has progressed over the last year. I joined this forum last summer and my credit was a mess. Due to ID theft and a combination of factors, I felt hopeless. I decided I would take action and do what I needed. After ending up here multiple reading posts, I joined. I took it all in, and put what I read to valuable use. 

As of August 2019 this was my status- 

500-520 Fico scores across the board. 130% utilization with closed accounts/ charge offs. 0 open accounts, 5 collections, many late payments. I felt hopless as I checked my scores daily. 

I took steps to pay down things and get into good graces. Between help from a lawyer, multiple letters, calls with creditors, and countless notes on legal pads, I had a plan. I adjusted my budget, and began to pay things down. No more excuses. 

Fast forward to now. My fico is around 630-640 across the board. Not perfect but working on it. Just made a payment to bring down Utlil to below 30%- SO's card we share- helping her with some expenses. The peace of mind about not constantly stressing money/ collections calls and letters is worth its weight alone. My two credit cards are PIF every month. Its an amazing feeling to not pay interest or late fees. I have only one negative item now on reports, which will be removed shortly. The short story is the journey takes time. I am nowhere ner perfection, but I feel acomplished in what Ive done in a years time. For anyone feeling like it wont ever turn around, I promise it will. 

> 5 Inquiries, AAoC 4 years, AoOA 7 years, 11 months as of September 2021
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Fast forward 12 months

Congratulations on your success! Thank you for sharing your story. Good luck on your credit journey.

Message 2 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats! I hear ya (see signature); I've been rebuilding for over a year and still am not where I'd like to be (700s across the board), but I'll get there. Smiley Happy

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 6
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Thanks for sharing that... Congratulations!

When choosing to rebuild I found just as you said,  "he peace of mind...".

I and I hope other relish in that peace and continue their patience.  GL2U!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big congrats on your success! You're --> <-- this close and you'll be there in no time Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Congrats! It only gets better from here!

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.