Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed Loan Servicing

tag
coachbeau
Valued Member

Fed Loan Servicing

I brought my student loans out of defualt and everything was reported as current and all negitives were removed except for my Fed Loan Servicing account. Is there a way to get this removed or do I need to wait for it to fall off at the 7 year mark? 

Fed Loan Servicing CLOSED
EQUIFAX TRANSUNION EXPERIANLast UpdatedPayment StatusWorst DelinquencyBalance

02/2021
02/2017
At least 120 days or more than four payments past due
120 days past due
None Reported
120 days past due
$0
$0
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AlmostNJ
Regular Contributor

Re: Fed Loan Servicing

@coachbeau wrote:

I brought my student loans out of defualt and everything was reported as current and all negitives were removed except for my Fed Loan Servicing account. Is there a way to get this removed or do I need to wait for it to fall off at the 7 year mark? 

Fed Loan Servicing CLOSED
EQUIFAX TRANSUNION EXPERIANLast UpdatedPayment StatusWorst DelinquencyBalance

02/2021
02/2017
At least 120 days or more than four payments past due
120 days past due
None Reported
120 days past due
$0
$0

I have tried and even spoke to someone saying it was my last negative item. They told me no. I just have another 9 months to go. Good luck.

Message 2 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Federal Loans are under the Higher Education Act, which overrides the FCRA and doesn't allow for early removal of lates, even via GW. *Rarely* a servicer may grant a GW removal of lates, but it's technically illegal and usually they won't do it.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 4
AlmostNJ
Regular Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Federal Loans are under the Higher Education Act, which overrides the FCRA and doesn't allow for early removal of lates, even via GW. *Rarely* a servicer may grant a GW removal of lates, but it's technically illegal and usually they won't do it.

Yes that's what I was told by them (Student loan folks) verbally over the phone..

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.