Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Federal Tax Lein Withdrawl

tag
falcondawg
Established Member

Federal Tax Lein Withdrawl

Has anyone had Succes with this? I sunbmittted my form and received a letter on 3/25 saying i was approved and a Form 10916 was being sent to recording office and to me.. Nothing yet..What is the expected turnaround time?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Re: Federal Tax Lein Withdrawl

Im in the middle of it.  my forms were sent to the IRS 1 week ago.  (how long did it take fo you to hear your result? I am dying aiting)

Anyway I did not put down the CRA;s to be notified cause all the research I found said they typically didn't do it.  My plan is to just send the withdrawl form myself to the CRA's once I get it.

I know others here have been successful its what got me started the process to remove mine.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 2 of 8
falcondawg
Established Member

I mailed the form to that group address on 3/13 and got the approved letter on 3/25, but i havent gotten the actual Form 10916 yet. I will give it a week or two more then start calling i guess..

Message 3 of 8
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

I am going to hope to hear by next weekend then.  Did they call you or how did they notify you it was being withdrawn?

EDIT:  Ignore me I see you said it was a letter.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 4 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

The process could take between 45-90 days good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 8
electra
Established Contributor

It's definitely a YMMV kinda thing.  Partly it depends on which Collection Advisory Group you would fall under and how backed up they are.  For me, I'm in the Oakland, CA Advisory area.  They told me it would take up to 30 days to process and it took just about 30 days and then...DENIED.  Took another couple of weeks of wrangling to get them to agree. As of last week the agent I was working with said she submitted for approval and it will take 2 weeks to complete the approval process and then they will mail out the information to the County Recorder and me.  The County Recorder told me it takes about 5 days from the time they receive something for it to be posted.  THEN, you've got to get the CRAs to delete it.  Sounds like people have varying degrees of ease of success with that.  

Message 6 of 8
dpittsmd1985
New Contributor

It took me about 7 weeks before I got any notification.  I did not hear anything until I received the actual form in the mail.  Once I received it, I sent the copies to all 3 credit bureaus and EXP and TU removed the Lien within 1 week of me sending the letters (certified with return receipt)

EQ tried to be all "funky" and not remove the line, but I re-submitted to them along with a "strongly worded letter" citing FCRA and their risk of being sued for failure to report accurately and they removed the entry about 9 days after I sent the letter the 2nd time.

Hang in there, it will work.  I did not send anything to the court here because the IRS sent a copy to the court.  

Starting Score: 5 43 Ex May 2012 EQ May 2012 550
Apr 2013 Score: Apr 2013 TU/ 683 Ex /670 EQ/ 686

Dec 2013 EQ/751 TU/730 EX 762

Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
electra
Established Contributor

I wonder if you can just call once you have the withdrawal form and fax them a copy and if that wouldn't be the fastest (vs online or send a letter)?  Anyone try that?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.