Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Federal Tax Lien Removed

tag
adoak
Valued Member

Federal Tax Lien Removed

All,

I wanted to share that I succesfully got a federal tax lien removed from my credit report.  I had an old federal tax lien that was paid in full in 2006.  Even though my credit report reflected the release of the lien and a $0 balance, it was still a derogatory item to have on my credit report.  In mid-October I submitted IRS Form 12277 "Application for Withdrawal" of a federal tax lien.  My application was approved in early November.  I mailed out copies of the IRS approval for the withdrawal to all three CRAs.  Earlier this week I checked my Experian credit report and the federal tax lien is gone. I have not checked Trans Union or Equifax.

I assumed that if the federal tax lien was completely removed, that my score would increase a few points, but it hasn't.  Wouldn't something like this improve my Experian credit score? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Davidngo
Contributor

Re: Federal Tax Lien Removed

It will depend if you have any other derogatory information in your report.  You may have been rebucketed into another group of individuals.

MyFICO Pulled: (11/28/2012) EQ 635, TU 650, EX 661
Lender Pulled: (12/05/2012) EQ 635, TU 677, EX 641
Lender Pulled: (02/20/2013) EQ 667, TU 661, EX 648
MyFICO Pulled: (05/30/2013) EQ 712, TU 685, EX 686

Finally Hit the 700's as of 06/05/2013!!!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.