cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fedloan Late Payments

tag
PullOutCouch

Fedloan Late Payments

My credit has been in complete disarray, and in the past year or two I've focused on fixing it. That being said, I still have missed payments showing for Fed Loan Servicing that are obviously a problem. They show in EQ and TU as 90 days late, and the "older derogatory events" show them all happening in 2014. My question(s) are, will these drop off next year when they hit a 7 year point? Or, since I'm paying these now and are up to date on all payments through Navient, is there another way to get these removed?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fedloan Late Payments

@PullOutCouch wrote:

My credit has been in complete disarray, and in the past year or two I've focused on fixing it. That being said, I still have missed payments showing for Fed Loan Servicing that are obviously a problem. They show in EQ and TU as 90 days late, and the "older derogatory events" show them all happening in 2014. My question(s) are, will these drop off next year when they hit a 7 year point? Or, since I'm paying these now and are up to date on all payments through Navient, is there another way to get these removed?

I don't think you can. Even if you rehab your loans after default (guilty!!), those negatives stay on for 7 years. I believe they will off next year. You may try to write an Early Exclusion letter (EE) to TU and EQ to see if they'll drop them early. I think it's 6 months for TU and 1 for EQ. Also I think if you pull your credit report from annualcreditreport.com I think you'll see drop dates for each account. You'll write an EE with those dates in mind. Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@PullOutCouch wrote:

Since you are current and paying them off at this point yes each of those lates will drop at the 7 year mark until there are none left. You can try a GW removal to Navient but I have never seen them grant such unless they are actually an error.

Message 3 of 4
PullOutCouch

Thanks! I've never heard of an EE before, so learning something new every day. Worst case I'm only a year away from removal, but I didn't want to dispute or push for removal if it was going to jeopardize it in any way. Thanks again!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.