cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling Stuck but yet accomplished :-/ Discover or Navy Federal

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Feeling Stuck but yet accomplished :-/ Discover or Navy Federal


@Soul387 wrote:
So I have been on this repair journey for about a year now! And it has been along journey I do not feel like I accomplished much or even near where I thought I would be by now! However!!! After all this time I was able to get a preapproval for a Discover Card! I could of cried after getting the no offers available screen for so long! Lol

But I’m wondering now should I do the discover secured or try for the navy federal secure or cash reward card!

Experian: 586
Transunion: 572 (Have not been updated since 9/21)
Equifax: 553 (Have not been updated since 9/21)

Scores are from Experian website

If you have the funds, I would do the Navy nRewards Secured Card today!  It is the best secured card and often easiest to get.  It wont be long until you get in with an unsecured card with timely payments etc.  I got the NRewards and then the Discover Secured via the preapproval site.  Those are two secured cards to get.   I started at a 480 EQ FICO 09 with NFCU and am now where you are score wise. 




Rebuilding from a sudden, swift and complete credit disaster in early 2014 | Starting Scores 2017 = Very Low 400's
8-1-18 -
12-24-18 -
12-1-19 -

Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, FuelMan .8K, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, Builder Pro 5.4K, Amazon Net 55 $5.5k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k - All No PG | AMEX Biz Gold NPSL
Message 11 of 24
Highlighted
Member

Re: Feeling Stuck but yet accomplished :-/ Discover or Navy Federal

You have 10 Open Accounts
Account Name                          BalanceCredit LimitUsageTypeStatus 

AMEX

Authorized User

$956

-

-

Revolving

 

CAPITAL ONE AUTO FINAN

 

$19,502

-

-

Installment

 

CAPITALONE

 

$646

$400

162%

Revolving

 

COMENITYBANK/VICTORIA

 

$985

$800

123%

Revolving

 

       
Message 12 of 24
Highlighted
Member

Re: Feeling Stuck but yet accomplished :-/ Discover or Navy Federal

crEDIT ONE BANK NA

 

$290

$300

97%

Revolving

 

FED LOAN SERV

 

$125,008

-

-

Installment

 

FED LOAN SERV

 

$4,637

-

-

Installment

 

MAJR FINANCIAL CORPORA

 

$52

$5,000

1%

Revolving

 

 

MCYDSNB AU

$194

$600

32%

Revolving

 

NAVY FEDERAL CR UNION

 

$200

-

-

Installment

 

Message 13 of 24
Highlighted
Member

Re: Feeling Stuck but yet accomplished :-/ Discover or Navy Federal

You have 4 Collection Accounts

CONTRACT CALLERS INC

 

PUBLIC SERVICE ELECTRIC GAS

May 1, 2018

$886

$886

 

ENHANCED RECOVERY CO L

 

SPRINT

Sep 1, 2018

$1,342

$1,342

 

NCC BUSINESS SVCS INC

 

PRINCETON MEADOWS OWNER LLC/KR

Feb 1, 2018

$6,056

$6,056

 

PENN CREDIT CORPORATIO

 

CONEDISON

May 1, 2018

$795

$795

Message 14 of 24
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Feeling Stuck but yet accomplished :-/ Discover or Navy Federal


@Brothers wrote:

I waited a year and 3 days to apply for my second Disco IT card.  I went to the pre-qual page, filled out my info and got an offer for 0% for 14 months and 14.??% interest IT card.  I applied, had to call and verify my info, and BAAMM, guy comes back and says "Congratulations, you have been approved for a Discover IT card with a credit limit of $12,000".  I about crapped my pants, as I struggled the whole year with my first one just to get a CLI.  My wife and I filed BK at the same time, and both got our first Disco cards at the same time.  I went home and filled out her info into the Pre-Qual site and the same offer appeared, 10 minutes later she was also a new holder of a $12,000 Disco card.  Now we both get to enjoy 5% cash back for another year, and becuase we will make each other authoirzed users, we just padded our utilization by $24,000.  Not a bad day I say....


Holy cow that's amazing! I about crapped my own pants when I was approved for my PenFed card at $8,000 and then approved for ANOTHER PenFed card at $8,000. I had to make an emergency purchase on the gold card, so as soon as I pay that off next month, I'm going to combine the Gold and PowerCash Rewards cards for a limit of $16,000!

 

I'm so happy for you and love hearing about things like this! My boyfriend got his Disco card after I did and was approved for $8,000. He has really good credit, what little he has, but said he couldn't believe what he was looking at when he was approved. He has me coaching him on what to do, so I suspect he'll be in the 800's in no time.

 

I just want to get another AMEX card. Preferrably the AMEX Blue Cash Preferred so I can use it for gas and groceries and get even MORE cash back. I suspect I'll have to wait until my scores improve a tad more before I'll qualify for that one, though. That Capital One Savor card looks enticing as well...

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.



Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 15 of 24
Highlighted
Valued Member

Re: Feeling Stuck but yet accomplished :-/ Discover or Navy Federal


@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@Brothers wrote:

I waited a year and 3 days to apply for my second Disco IT card.  I went to the pre-qual page, filled out my info and got an offer for 0% for 14 months and 14.??% interest IT card.  I applied, had to call and verify my info, and BAAMM, guy comes back and says "Congratulations, you have been approved for a Discover IT card with a credit limit of $12,000".  I about crapped my pants, as I struggled the whole year with my first one just to get a CLI.  My wife and I filed BK at the same time, and both got our first Disco cards at the same time.  I went home and filled out her info into the Pre-Qual site and the same offer appeared, 10 minutes later she was also a new holder of a $12,000 Disco card.  Now we both get to enjoy 5% cash back for another year, and becuase we will make each other authoirzed users, we just padded our utilization by $24,000.  Not a bad day I say....


Holy cow that's amazing! I about crapped my own pants when I was approved for my PenFed card at $8,000 and then approved for ANOTHER PenFed card at $8,000. I had to make an emergency purchase on the gold card, so as soon as I pay that off next month, I'm going to combine the Gold and PowerCash Rewards cards for a limit of $16,000!

 

I'm so happy for you and love hearing about things like this! My boyfriend got his Disco card after I did and was approved for $8,000. He has really good credit, what little he has, but said he couldn't believe what he was looking at when he was approved. He has me coaching him on what to do, so I suspect he'll be in the 800's in no time.

 

I just want to get another AMEX card. Preferrably the AMEX Blue Cash Preferred so I can use it for gas and groceries and get even MORE cash back. I suspect I'll have to wait until my scores improve a tad more before I'll qualify for that one, though. That Capital One Savor card looks enticing as well...


I really want to get a CC from Penfed but fear I will be denied due to my BK only being a little over a yeard old.  I did get a $42,000 auto loan through them 3 months ago, but I am not sure about CC's yet.  

Message 16 of 24
Highlighted
Member

Re: Feeling Stuck but yet accomplished :-/ Discover or Navy Federal

Sorry I had to break it down in 3 post it was telling me too many characters
Message 17 of 24
Highlighted
Valued Member

Re: Feeling Stuck but yet accomplished :-/ Discover or Navy Federal


@Soul387 wrote:
Sorry I had to break it down in 3 post it was telling me too many characters

I do not think you need anymore credit, you have enough open lines on your report to build credit.  However, you are close too or have over extended most of your credit cards.  In addition, your 4 collection accounts are fairly new and are definately hurting your ability to obatin better credit and higher scores.  I would suggest paying down the credit cards you have now, use them sparingly and make sure to pay them to "0" every month.  Also, I am not the expert on this, and there are many threads regarding this, but I would suggest finding a way to get those collection accounts taken care of.  They are soo new that they are going to hurt your score for a while.  I would research this forum for ways to "Pay for Delete",  essentially having the company to agree to remove the bad remarks if you pay them.  If you are unable to, i would just concentrate on the credit you have now, pay the balances down, and make sure to PIF every month.  

 

I know this is not the answer you want, but with those 4 collections being so new, you will be hard pressed to find anyone throwing credit at you anytime soon.

Message 18 of 24
Highlighted
Member

Re: Feeling Stuck but yet accomplished :-/ Discover or Navy Federal

Thank you it’s the response I needed...the cash rewards I did this am with the CLOC which is in review! However that goes it would be my last credit card application and I would pay the 2 cards I have down and move forth from there
Message 19 of 24
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Feeling Stuck but yet accomplished :-/ Discover or Navy Federal


@Brothers wrote:

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@Brothers wrote:

I waited a year and 3 days to apply for my second Disco IT card.  I went to the pre-qual page, filled out my info and got an offer for 0% for 14 months and 14.??% interest IT card.  I applied, had to call and verify my info, and BAAMM, guy comes back and says "Congratulations, you have been approved for a Discover IT card with a credit limit of $12,000".  I about crapped my pants, as I struggled the whole year with my first one just to get a CLI.  My wife and I filed BK at the same time, and both got our first Disco cards at the same time.  I went home and filled out her info into the Pre-Qual site and the same offer appeared, 10 minutes later she was also a new holder of a $12,000 Disco card.  Now we both get to enjoy 5% cash back for another year, and becuase we will make each other authoirzed users, we just padded our utilization by $24,000.  Not a bad day I say....


Holy cow that's amazing! I about crapped my own pants when I was approved for my PenFed card at $8,000 and then approved for ANOTHER PenFed card at $8,000. I had to make an emergency purchase on the gold card, so as soon as I pay that off next month, I'm going to combine the Gold and PowerCash Rewards cards for a limit of $16,000!

 

I'm so happy for you and love hearing about things like this! My boyfriend got his Disco card after I did and was approved for $8,000. He has really good credit, what little he has, but said he couldn't believe what he was looking at when he was approved. He has me coaching him on what to do, so I suspect he'll be in the 800's in no time.

 

I just want to get another AMEX card. Preferrably the AMEX Blue Cash Preferred so I can use it for gas and groceries and get even MORE cash back. I suspect I'll have to wait until my scores improve a tad more before I'll qualify for that one, though. That Capital One Savor card looks enticing as well...


I really want to get a CC from Penfed but fear I will be denied due to my BK only being a little over a yeard old.  I did get a $42,000 auto loan through them 3 months ago, but I am not sure about CC's yet.  


Wow... they wouldn't even approve me for anything over $25,000, yet they'll approve me for a $16,000 CL? I wanted to stay with PenFed for my new car, but I ultimately had to go with Honda. I was never late for the 1 1/2 I had my loan with them, so I don't know why they were being so stingy. Yet someone with a BK can get a much bigger amount. I mean, I know there's a lot more factors involved, but it just sucks sometimes. I guess it might be because my credit is fairly new. Yes, it shows 11 years, but in reality, it's only been not even 2 years. I got my first credit card in March 2017. The only reason it shows 11 years is because of my student loans.

 

Congrats on the auto loan! What car are you getting, or did you get?

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.



Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.