Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling defeated. Just ready to throw in the towel :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Feeling defeated. Just ready to throw in the towel :(

I've been working so hard on rebuilding my credit since the beginning of this year. It was in the Iower 500 range when I started. I had managed to get it up to a 540 with some hard work. I get a notification today saying my score dropped 58 POINTS!!!! I don't have a clue as to why because it said there were no changes to show. All of my hard work, gone. I don't see a light anywhere in sight.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Re: Feeling defeated. Just ready to throw in the towel :(

Score from where? Some models dont include closed accounts. Did any accts get closed recently?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a Vantage score I wouldn't put too much stock into that.
Message 3 of 6
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

Discover now offers a FREE FICO score...  You dont have to be a member to get it. I would check that and Signs up for credit Karma ( ignore the score) but use it to track changes.

I know when I was re-building many times I wanted to toss in the towel, but kept plucking away at it. You are among many who felt that way and kept pushing. 

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1
Message 5 of 6
marty56
Super Contributor

Do not give up.  Most poeple in the forum and been there and done that so to speak so you are among friends.  Worst case it will take 7 years but it is still worth it.  I had a major derog for 7 years on my CR and when it finally fell off, all the time I waited felt like nothing. 

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.