Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico score /home purchase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fico score /home purchase

I suppose I should've waited until today (when my reports update on myFICO) to ask this. With that said, collection agency-wise only National Credit Management/SNHU (reporting to all three) and Credit Collection Services/Progressive (reporting to TU) remain. Both were paid/settled in late May/early June.

Charge off-wise, Fingerhut (PIF) and Capital One (two settled accounts) still report to all three bureaus. It was mentioned that charge offs remain? Would goodwill letters do anything?

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fico score /home purchase

@Anonymous wrote:

I suppose I should've waited until today (when my reports update on myFICO) to ask this. With that said, collection agency-wise only National Credit Management/SNHU (reporting to all three) and Credit Collection Services/Progressive (reporting to TU) remain. Both were paid/settled in late May/early June.

Charge off-wise, Fingerhut (PIF) and Capital One (two settled accounts) still report to all three bureaus. It was mentioned that charge offs remain? Would goodwill letters do anything?

That is correct. Original Accounts (the COs) will remain even if you get a PFD through the CAs. That is why it is nice to get PFDs with them, so that you are getting the double whammy of having both on your CRs once dealt with.

You can always work on doing GWs. I have heard of a couple success stories recently with Cap One. If you search the forum for GWs and look for both Cap One and Fingerhut, it may give you an idea of how they handle them. Nothing is guaranteed, but it is alway a good idea to try! All you have is time between now and when they are slated to drop off your CRs.

Good luck!

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.