Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fico scores?

@Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone know if the scores that are purchased through Experian are the actual FICO scores that lenders use to determine credit worthiness? It says it's a FICO 8.
I have accounts with several places that give me credit scores , credit seasame, nerd wallet, and capital one and the numbers are VERY far off from the scores given to me by experian. The 3 bureaus from experian are all within 5 points of each other but the scores from the free sites are 30- 80 points lower. Which is the right ones?

Credit Karma, Wallet Hub, Savvy Money, Credit Seasame, Nerd Wallet use what is called a VantagScore (I think it's up to 3.0 now).  I like them because I can get an updated credit report and see where I stand as I am rebuilding.  The nice part of MyFICO is that it is your FICO score and they give you the other scores.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Funny thing is I started this in April and I have felt like I'm not making any real progress. But it really is a lot of progress. I still have a long way to go and I must remember This didn't happen over night and it won't be fixed overnight either. I really appreciate all of the advice and encouragement guys!
Message 12 of 18
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

Go to their website and look.  They offer free reports once a month :-D

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 13 of 18
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

Once you get the hang of it, you won't beleive how easy it is.  I went from a credit report that would of been best used as toilet paper to something worth loking at

This board is a HUGE resourse of help.  If you have any baddies you dont know how to handle share it here and you'll be surprised with all the tips and what worked for me replies you get.

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks! Funny thing is I started this in April and I have felt like I'm not making any real progress. But it really is a lot of progress. I still have a long way to go and I must remember This didn't happen over night and it won't be fixed overnight either. I really appreciate all of the advice and encouragement guys!

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit one just accepted me but it said my score was 667 when it's not even in the 600's yet. I guess they have the type of experian that is more stronger than the others. I was wondering where they get those information from. 

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian are your scores you want.
Message 16 of 18
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

Keep in mind there are 28 different possable FICO Scores.

The bigger question is:  What scoring model did Credit One use and where did you get your sub 600 score?

If you need a free FICO8 score, Discover gives the out free once a month to anyone. This is from your experian report. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Credit one just accepted me but it said my score was 667 when it's not even in the 600's yet. I guess they have the type of experian that is more stronger than the others. I was wondering where they get those information from. 

Message 17 of 18
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

I feel the same way. This VantageScore nonsense is incredibly frustrating. My FICO scores have all risen nearly 100 points since May alone yet my VantageScores all dropped! That to me is just crazy. I am working like crazy to improve my credit in all ways but Find the different scores on TU Equifax and Experian frustrating. The same stuff gets recorded but one is higher then the other for example. My Experian score sits at 699 right now but if you go to TUs site it says 678. Weird.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.