Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally! 65 point Inrease

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally! 65 point Inrease

I been working on hubby's credit along with my own the last 2 years. I have to update my siggy because our scores are so different from what they were a year ago. My mortgage score is up to a 701 right now and hubby is at a 687. We still have 2 cards that were previously reporting 80+% utilization to see how that increases our scores. BUT i degress. I have been working out how to handle a creditor on his report that is a nightmare. I swear I have no respect for this company because they have such illegal collection practices. But we finally paid the account as a settlement last year. Well they had started updating his credit report and were still reporting it as a charge off. I contacted corporate who sent me right back to the guy we paid last year. I kind of let him have it, in a pretty nice way, but firm. Told him what the violations were, sent screen shots, told him we planned to file complaints with FTC, FCRA, and meet with a consumer protection attorney we have worked with in the past if we feel we need to. And then closed with "I don't know how you intend to repair the damage you've done to my credit but I am eager to find out". I had requested a deletion due to the violations and repeated harassment from the collection team through their credit reporting. 

Turns out the deleted it. I checked hubbys Experian score today because he gets daily updates and his score went up 65 points to a 688 from that account being removed. It is a completely clean report now and the only thing holding it down is that he only has one of his own credit cards and its a store card (he is AU on my three bank backed cards) and credit age since the account that was deleted was over 13 years old. 

I am so happy it is gone. Now we can really start moving forward. ... provided they don't decide to readd it at some time in the future...Its a win for now. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally! 65 point Inrease

@Anonymous wrote:

I been working on hubby's credit along with my own the last 2 years. I have to update my siggy because our scores are so different from what they were a year ago. My mortgage score is up to a 701 right now and hubby is at a 687. We still have 2 cards that were previously reporting 80+% utilization to see how that increases our scores. BUT i degress. I have been working out how to handle a creditor on his report that is a nightmare. I swear I have no respect for this company because they have such illegal collection practices. But we finally paid the account as a settlement last year. Well they had started updating his credit report and were still reporting it as a charge off. I contacted corporate who sent me right back to the guy we paid last year. I kind of let him have it, in a pretty nice way, but firm. Told him what the violations were, sent screen shots, told him we planned to file complaints with FTC, FCRA, and meet with a consumer protection attorney we have worked with in the past if we feel we need to. And then closed with "I don't know how you intend to repair the damage you've done to my credit but I am eager to find out". I had requested a deletion due to the violations and repeated harassment from the collection team through their credit reporting. 

Turns out the deleted it. I checked hubbys Experian score today because he gets daily updates and his score went up 65 points to a 688 from that account being removed. It is a completely clean report now and the only thing holding it down is that he only has one of his own credit cards and its a store card (he is AU on my three bank backed cards) and credit age since the account that was deleted was over 13 years old. 

I am so happy it is gone. Now we can really start moving forward. ... provided they don't decide to readd it at some time in the future...Its a win for now. 

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 2 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on DH success!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! It has been such a burden and I am so happy to see it gone I almost jumped out of my seat. We are apply for a mortgage in May (if we are able to with everything going on with the virus) and we will finally have a shot with this off his reports. 

Message 4 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Give em hell and it worked. Funny how they'll put their tails between their legs and run when you catch em. Congrats!

Message 5 of 11
flexin222
Regular Contributor

Congrats...You go you! Doors will open, champagne glasses shall overflow!

Message 6 of 11
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Sometimes you gotta bulldog you're way through BS. Go You!!!

Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Last collection & a clean report, what a nice feeling!!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! Sometime you do. I try not to but as a last resort if I need to I definately will be aggressive. My husband was so excited.

Message 9 of 11
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned (by a CA!) Congrats on your success with DHs file and best of luck with your mortgage app!

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.