Dropping by to Let you all know that my Fico 8 Scores are finally above 700. Across Board.
Mortgage Middle Score has hit 700 too. 701 to be precise.
My work is not done here. I feel that it just started. Next goal 800.
Thank you all for being supportive always. And good luck to all. Stay Safe & healthy.
Awesome job!!!!! Gives the rest of us hope and makes me sit my butt back in the corner of the garden.
Thank you. A long journey. Learned a lot along the way. More to go. Good Luck to you, on your journey !!
Please share your route to 700, what did you do to get your score improved? What steps do you plan next to get to 800?
Its a long road. Took me almost 3 years.
During these 3 years,
1. Got an Auto Loan with high interest and paid my monthly payments always before time.
2. I applied for some secured cards such as Creditone (duly closed credit one after 18 months of usage with stellar payment record), Capital One etc.
3. Started using them and was NEVER LATE on above cards.
4. Some of the lates on my First Progress Card, i worked on goodwill letter and got them removed.
5. Some of my older deliquincies on BOA cards aged and dropped off my file as the time progressed.
6. After maintaining a year long history of No late payments and maintaining AZEO (all zero except one. Read about it. Very powerful startegy), my credit imporved to a point that i was qualified for Disco 10K Limit card. Used it carefully.
7. Always maintained less than 2% usage of my entire credit limit.
8. After some time, Luckily i was approved for AMEX Card with 5K limit. Used it so far with great care. Again, Always no more than 2% credit usage.
9. Stopped Applying for new credit cards for almost 18 Months -2 years now. This gave my file time to drop all the hard Credit inquiries that've happened in the past 2 years.
I can go on. but in short, Strict hands when it comes to using and paying bill on time month (for 3 years now).
Good Mix of Credit (Auto Loan + Credit Cards), Paying off credit cards before due date by keeping a small 2% rolling over (on only One Card), Not applying for new credit cards anymore (becuase every New hard inquiry hurts the credit score), Let the old Deliquincies ( on BOA Credit cards) age and fall off, Worked on some goodwill letter (only for one First Progress Card) to get some lates dropped off.
Next, One of my only Credit card that is in Deliquincy state (write off) will fall off my file come feb 2022. I will keep maintaining my Payment habits in tact. this will ensure my credit scores to soar to 800 by EOY/Early Next year