Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally!!! Score Bump

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally!!! Score Bump

@creditstalker, good idea on end of month.

I have read about collections industry. I realize there are some good actors, but I don't trust them enough to PFD over the phone without writing. Maybe email?

From reading about how many routinely flout the laws, I'm not sure I trust them to PFD even in writing, or even to acknowledge that a PIF debt is actually PIF to the credit agencies...

The CA in question is Security Credit Services LLC, Oxford MS. I will have to do some research before I make contact with them.

edit, I looked up Security Credit Services LLC, Oxford MS, they seem to be pretty honest brokers as per their BBB cases.

I have 2 collections, the other one, which is about to age off and is besides invalid, does not appear professional or worth dealing with, Creditor Services of Broward, Inc.

I would highly encourage anyone thinking of interacting with a CA for any reason to look through their BBB complaint responses to get a sense of what level of professionalism or lack thereof they will be dealing with.

Message 11 of 14
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

It's best to pay it off especially if they are updating on a monthly basis.  I paid mine off just so they would stop updating...getting them to delete it was just a bonus.  

Current FICO 08 as of 06/01/2015 TU 648 EQ 624 EX 602
FICO Mortgage Scores TU 594 EQ 540 EX 642

Message 12 of 14
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

Way to go!!!

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 14
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

Thanks @

We are all in this together....to help each other out!  Congrats on your progress as well :-)

Current FICO 08 as of 06/01/2015 TU 648 EQ 624 EX 602
FICO Mortgage Scores TU 594 EQ 540 EX 642

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.