cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Verizon CO removal success!!!!!!

tag
baseball1313
Valued Member

Finally Verizon CO removal success!!!!!!

So 2 years ago I moved out of a rental property and called to cancel my Verizon FIOS service. The representative told me I had a $0 balance and all I had to do is return the boxes. Fast forward 6 months... I check my credit score and it dropped 70 points!  I do some research and I see a collection for Verizon for $140.00 for a "final bill"!!????  It turns out that I never got my final bill and I never got notice that I owed money still. I called Verizon immediately and paid the $140.00. The next day I called back and tried to explain why I didn't pay and the circumstances behind the lapse in payment. They said they saw no fault on their end and the debt was legitimate. They would NOT remove collection from my closed/paid account. For the past 18 months I've been writing letters and calling Verizon trying to get a GW removal. Today, I finally managed to get through to a extremely friendly representative in the billing department. I told her my story and she decided to make a notation on my account saying they sent my final bill to the wrong address. Therefore makig it a Verizon error!!!!   She got a representative from the Credit Reporting Department on the phone and within two minutes I had verbal and written(email) confirmation that my collection was no longer being reported to the 3 credit bureaus.   This was my first and only collection and was going to haunt me for another 6 years. I'm SOOOOO RELIEVED that this is coming off and all the letters and calls were worth it. I didn't lie, I was honest, I was calm, and she legitimately made a significant impact on my financial future. THANK YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE.

My Wallet- , AMEX Green (npsl), DiscoverIT- $8,500. Home Depot CC (Citi) $4,000. Care Credit CC- $12,800. BankAmericard - $900. Express(Comneity)- $550

TU FICO: 723 (6/24/13)
EQ FICO: 686(5/23/13)
EX FICO (AMEX PULL): 690(6/3/13)

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Re: Finally Verizon CO removal success!!!!!!

Awesome!!!
Message 2 of 11
MaRain
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!! 

Back in the garden until 10/2015.

Starting Score: EQ 714, EX 658, TU 691 (pulled by mortgage lender on 10/7/14)
Current Score: EQ 656, EX 660, TU 660 (FAKOS pulled on 3/26/15)
Goal Score: EQ 760, EX 700, TU 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
fwill5rn
New Contributor

Sweet!!!!!  Congrats on the removal.   Persistence pays off doesn't it? 

Message 4 of 11
baseball1313
Valued Member

Yes it does! Cant wait to see that score jump
My Wallet- , AMEX Green (npsl), DiscoverIT- $8,500. Home Depot CC (Citi) $4,000. Care Credit CC- $12,800. BankAmericard - $900. Express(Comneity)- $550

TU FICO: 723 (6/24/13)
EQ FICO: 686(5/23/13)
EX FICO (AMEX PULL): 690(6/3/13)

Message 5 of 11
missmel

congratulations i have spoken to over 40+ people over the past month for almost the same exact situation! i have been doing all i can and there is even record that I don't owe the money but no one can figure out how to delete it. i am writing an email and sending up the food chain. hoping that something good happens for me too. this gives me hope! we also were told we owed noting, just had to return the box, then the CO appears on the CR and the hell began. 

Message 6 of 11
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

I recommend that anyone returning equipment to Comcast, DirectTV, AT&T, Verizon etc. ... PLEASE REQUEST A RECEIPT AND FINAL BILL at the time of return.

Message 7 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@ezdriver wrote:

I recommend that anyone returning equipment to Comcast, DirectTV, AT&T, Verizon etc. ... PLEASE REQUEST A RECEIPT AND FINAL BILL at the time of return.

It doesn't help if they don't document your account.  Been there with both Comcast and DirectTV.

Message 8 of 11
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Fantastic! Rock On

Message 9 of 11
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Congrats on your success! Verizon can't seem to find my acct. Would you mind PMing this info.? Thanks.

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.