Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally broke 600!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally broke 600!!!

I managed to do one pay for delete on a collection account and got my utilization under 30%, following everyone's advice here.

And just checked experian and my score jumped 14 pts to 605!!! 

One more collection account that I did pay for delete should come off soon. I'm going to try to get my utilization even lower. Fingers crossed my other two scores go up as well.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Finally broke 600!!!

Congratulations on your success! Good luck on your credit journey.
Message 2 of 9
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

Congrats very nice job. 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 3 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Now get it below 8% and you'll see another score bump. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! That 30% is internet baloney. The real thresholds are 8.9%, 28.9%, 48.9%, 68.9%, and 88.9%. Over 88.9% is considered maxed out. Good luck! As you go below each one, score bump!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @FireMedic1 - that is the plan! Chargeoffs are still holding me back and I am trying to work on those. 2 can't even find them in their systems, 2 are past the SOL and I don't want to wake them and 1 won't negotiate at all. Not sure I can do much more, but I am trying! Your advice has been really helpful!!

Message 5 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks @FireMedic1 - that is the plan! Chargeoffs are still holding me back and I am trying to work on those. 2 can't even find them in their systems, 2 are past the SOL and I don't want to wake them and 1 won't negotiate at all. Not sure I can do much more, but I am trying! Your advice has been really helpful!!

Your welcome. Once past the SOL and you start payments. Dont stop until they are paid. The SOL starts on the first payment and rides it out till payoff. But the DoFD date cant dont change for any reason when it comes fall off time. Nail em!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!! That's great!

Message 7 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Great job so far, enjoy it Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 9
FeeBear
Regular Contributor

Congrats DC,

Remember credit is a marathon. Keep up the good work an onwards to 700!

Fee 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.