Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got to azeo

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got to azeo

Well experian updated to reflect my azeo and it resulted in an 11 point drop on that score. The only card I have reporting a balance now is my brooks brothers store card. Super bummed about it, I've been working since January of 20 to get to azeo and wasn't expecting a point drop. Anyone else ever experience the same?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally got to azeo

Believe it needs to be a bank card and not a store card.

Message 2 of 8
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Believe it needs to be a bank card and not a store card.

+1. Store cards are YMMV if they will count or not. Definitely experiment with a major bank card reporting instead of your store card and see if it makes a difference. The best advice is to not use a card from Chase, Synchrony, or a credit union. Chase and Sync will mid-cycle report which could mess up your AZEO. If you were planning an important app that could be bad. CUs usually count, but seem to be excluded in certain cases like store cards. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. It's the very first update for the month. Maybe if I can get a charge on another card it'll boost it back up.
Message 4 of 8
jmcmillan
Frequent Contributor

I just did my first AZEO (using my SDFCU card) and I got a 20 point jump on FICO 8. I have 8% reporting.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update on this: so the day I made this post, I ordered some things I had been saving in a cart for when I had the free cash to spend on it. I charged $280 to my disco card. This made up for the final $251 that I paid off of my last cc with a balance. Just got the update from TU when disco updated and I got back the same amount of points that I lost when I paid everything down. So I guess with my profile and TU, they definitely do NOT consider brooks brothers store card into the cc algorithm. Now just waiting for the other score that dropped to reflect the disco charge and hopefully come back up. In reflection, I didn't see any rise in credit scores when I got to azeo. But then again, I didn't quiet get a 20-25 point drop like I've seen on the board for having no cc debt. With all cc's being at zero except for the store card, I was at 8%. Now it's back to 10% and I got those points back. Hopefully next month, I'll have 3 derogatory accounts fall off and see another healthy point boost.
Message 6 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Update on this: so the day I made this post, I ordered some things I had been saving in a cart for when I had the free cash to spend on it. I charged $280 to my disco card. This made up for the final $251 that I paid off of my last cc with a balance. Just got the update from TU when disco updated and I got back the same amount of points that I lost when I paid everything down. So I guess with my profile and TU, they definitely do NOT consider brooks brothers store card into the cc algorithm. Now just waiting for the other score that dropped to reflect the disco charge and hopefully come back up. In reflection, I didn't see any rise in credit scores when I got to azeo. But then again, I didn't quiet get a 20-25 point drop like I've seen on the board for having no cc debt. With all cc's being at zero except for the store card, I was at 8%. Now it's back to 10% and I got those points back. Hopefully next month, I'll have 3 derogatory accounts fall off and see another healthy point boost.

Yes, it's hard to do AZEO with a dirty file. The subtle score boosts just aren't there sometimes.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that seems to be the case. I got 3 items that should fall off in June, but I'm hoping I get lucky and they start falling off when everyone reports this month. Not much I can do until those drop off and that will likely be the only raises I see until my SL fall off in 2025. Until then the only thing I can really do is pay down my motorcycle loan and get what increases I can from that. Good news is, even with paying twice a month at that I can still afford to put away significant amounts into savings every month.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.