Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally made it to the 700 club on TU

tag
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Finally made it to the 700 club on TU

I logged into my Experian account this morning to a nice surprise. I'm not sure why, but my TU went from 641 to 717. I do have some open disputes with them where there is a duplicate of my Student loans from when they were transferred to Naviant from Sallie Mae. Sallie Mae had a good payment history, but they did have comments that it was included in my BK 13 and all three were listed as negative accounts. I haven't gotten any notice from TU yet and the dispute still shows as in progress. I cannot get a new copy of my 3b reports until the 27th and I may be able to spot the difference then, but right now no real idea as to why the increase, but I will take a 76 point jump any day :-)

It had to be something fairly major gone to get this type of jump from what I've read. Perhaps one of the old 90-day lates fell off that I have not been able to see in the reports as they only go back 2 years in the interface.

The only difference I can see on the EX reports is that the things helping on TU went from: August 14th

Positive

Low credit usage
Long credit history

And negative from

Negative items
Short revolving history
Installment balances
Few current accounts

To: Today

Positive

No missed payments
Low credit usage
Recent credit card use

Negative:

Collection item and/or PR
Installment balances
Few current accounts

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally made it to the 700 club on TU

Took me a minute, but I think I figured it out. My accounts ever late went from 3 to 0 and time since negative went from 5.9 years to Never. This has to be from the dispute as the Sallie Mae record comments have been updated( they never shown on EX reports), they just have not updated the dispute. And its been 5.9 years since I filed my BK 13 and the comments got added.

I've got the same dispute open with EQ and if I get a similar bump on it, then I'll be in the Excellent range. Very cool.

I'm so stoked, might be time for an early drink today.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the awesome score increase!!! Can’t wait to hit to 700 club 

Message 3 of 6
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on the score increase!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's fantastic! Congrats!
Message 5 of 6
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.