Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally some good news

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally some good news

Last Decembe my FICO (not sure which one, whatever my mortgage lender uses) was about 580 and they told me that because of my score, refinancing would only be possible if the new loan was solely in my wife's name. Since she doesn't show income, that meant no loan. Had a ton of CC debt on current card, 2 collections, and one CO'd card (about $1500).

Paid off the CC debt in March, score still not high enough to qualify for refi.

Paid off one collection in March (now shows $0 balance), the other in April (no longer on reports), now lender says my score is good enough to get a loan but not good enough to get their best rate.

Paid CO last week, this week it reports $0 balance and card company added 'Paid after CO'. Called lender, this last one put me over the top.

So today I'm pretty happy.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Finally some good news

Congrats, that's great! 

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Last Decembe my FICO (not sure which one, whatever my mortgage lender uses) was about 580 and they told me that because of my score, refinancing would only be possible if the new loan was solely in my wife's name. Since she doesn't show income, that meant no loan. Had a ton of CC debt on current card, 2 collections, and one CO'd card (about $1500).

Paid off the CC debt in March, score still not high enough to qualify for refi.

Paid off one collection in March (now shows $0 balance), the other in April (no longer on reports), now lender says my score is good enough to get a loan but not good enough to get their best rate.

Paid CO last week, this week it reports $0 balance and card company added 'Paid after CO'. Called lender, this last one put me over the top.

So today I'm pretty happy.

Great news!  Good work getting the CO’s paid off!  Do you have any DP’s on point increases after each CO was paid?  I’m curious how much each one impacted your score.

Message 3 of 12
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!  I'm glad your work is paying off!

Message 4 of 12
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Awesome Congrats! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 12
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Great job on your recovery.  It's good to know it's paying off!

Stripes UR Awesome.gif

Message 6 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@LakeLife    I'm going to have that image in my head all day Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's really great news!  Congrats!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your actual mortgage score now?  640?

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.