Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut Charge Off Sold.. What next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingerhut Charge Off Sold.. What next?

I think I know my next step in this is trying to get the company that has the debt to settle or pay it off before they report it but I thought I would ask.

I have a chargeoff from Fingerhut that was up until this week still with them. I had reached out via email and their webpage about paying it off or making payments and didnt get a response.

This week that debt was sold to another company and I have had that company reach out to me.

It reduced my UTI from 130% to 0% because it was my only credit card that hasnt been paid. So I guess thats good. When the new company reports it will they report it as credit card debt? Will it increase my UTI again?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Fingerhut Charge Off Sold.. What next?

Now you find out who it was sold to or forwarded for collection, and pay it before it makes it's way to your CR, because if it does, it's going to hurt. 

Contact them and offer to pay in exchange for not reporting 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Its fortunate because True Accord has two other collections for me. One that is one I know I paid off that I am working on finding my data on that and another I had forgot about. Im hoping they will work with me on all three of them because I would like to get ahold of them before they show up on any reports.

Message 3 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Most collection agencies will work with you, because all they want is money 

They buy debt for cheap, so just a few payments and they've already made a profit.

While we all dislike them, just be polite and contrite as you'll be dealing with humans who have good days and bad days. Make them want to help you. 

A lot of us get combative and adversarial with them because dealing with debt is hard and stressful.  

If you're really nice, you're bound to find at least one person willing to help. 

Good luck and I hope this is resolved quickly and to your satisfaction 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I work in the billing department for an electric company and have done call center work for decades lol. I will absolutely always be on my best behavior.

Message 5 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! I work in the billing department for an electric company and have done call center work for decades lol. I will absolutely always be on my best behavior.

Excellent.  Then you know all about being super sugary when all you want is to stab the phone  or worse 😂🤪

If there is anything I've learned in my life, it's that sometimes outcome of things depends on my attitude and disposition 

If I start something looking for a fight, I'm bound to find it.

These days I'm all about "Hey, I'm kinda lost and I really need your help"

People like to be needed, so give them a chance to feel better about themselves 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.