Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut Webbank a Personal Loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingerhut Webbank a Personal Loan?

Hi All. In my early attempts to Rebuild my credit from pretty much nothing, and then 3 Medical Collections Accounts/Chargeoffs (working on them now, 1 Removed because it actually had been fully paid by the insurance before hand...), I purchased a few small items at Fingerhut because they offered a way to rebuild my credit. And God knows I needed it. Things have been improving.

My question is, I just noticed at CreditWise which reports TU TransUnion that my FingerHut balance is being cited as a Personal Loan.

I thought I didn't even have a Loan being cited in my mix. Now it looks like I DO. Which means that adding one as FH clears shortly, it may not improve my Credit Score as I'd hoped. Smiley Surprised Gack.

Anyone using, having used FH in the past seen it cited as a Personal Loan, please?

I have another FH question, but I think to make it findable in Search in the Future that I need to pose it as a separate thread... I'll wait.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Fingerhut Webbank a Personal Loan?

I'd recommend pulling your reports at ACR and see how it reports.

Free or $1 you can obtain your 3 bureau FICO 8 scores and reports at Experian or CreditCheckTotal (part of Experian). Cancel in 7 day or less to avoid the re-occurring monthly charge. Wash, Rinse, and Repeat as needed.

AnnualCreditReport. Free weekly 3 bureau online reports through April 2021.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

I'd recommend pulling your reports at ACR and see how it reports.

Free or $1 you can obtain your 3 bureau FICO 8 scores and reports at Experian or CreditCheckTotal (part of Experian). Cancel in 7 day or less to avoid the re-occurring monthly charge. Wash, Rinse, and Repeat as needed.

AnnualCreditReport. Free weekly 3 bureau online reports through April 2021.

Thanks. I've been using the super free tools just to keep a vague track of things because I hadn't been close to anything for so long. Now that I'm actually closer to caring about the details and have taken more meaningful actions, it might be time to leave WalletHub and CreditWise. CreditWise pushes me stuff because it comes with Cap One and I have 2 of them. Sort of a growing and maturing in my Credit Building Journey, yes?

I'll pull from ACR and report back to keep things tidy and searchable. TY!

Message 3 of 12
CreditPuppy
Valued Member

Hello,

I also used FH to help me repair.  If I remember correctly, FreshStart was classified as a loan, and once paid off, the FH account read as WebBank/FH under revolving.

I agree pulling from ACR is best right now since you can pull weekly until the end of this month.  Hope you the best!!

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 721
Goal Score: 785+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditPuppy wrote:

Hello,

I also used FH to help me repair.  If I remember correctly, FreshStart was classified as a loan, and once paid off, the FH account read as WebBank/FH under revolving.

I agree pulling from ACR is best right now since you can pull weekly until the end of this month.  Hope you the best!!

Thanks @CreditPuppy  Thanks for sharing your FH story of how things showed. Welcome, btw, to the myFICO Community.

Do you happen to recall if your credit score took anykind of a drop once FH dropped because there was no Loan cited in your Credit Mix, please? TY!

Message 5 of 12
CreditPuppy
Valued Member

Hey,

Thanks for the Welcome Smiley Happy

I didn't receive a hit from it paying off, but by the time it was paid, I had a Self loan reporting.  But if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't have gotten the Self loan.  Nothing they did, just that within 3 months after opening that account, I had access to a much better credit-building loan that wouldn't have dinged me, and may have added more points.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditPuppy wrote:

Hey,

Thanks for the Welcome Smiley Happy

I didn't receive a hit from it paying off, but by the time it was paid, I had a Self loan reporting.  But if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't have gotten the Self loan.  Nothing they did, just that within 3 months after opening that account, I had access to a much better credit-building loan that wouldn't have dinged me, and may have added more points.

Thanks for the info about what happened /didn't when FH closed. 

And Yes. I'm not planning on pursuing the Self loan but rather the NFCU SSL Secured Share Loan 💵. Doing so also deepens my 💖 Relationship with NFCU. 

Breadcrumb trail for others in the future, the FH "loan" if I'm reading the CR's properly, there's no initial loan amount shown. Even though it's showing as a Loan of some sort, I think the NFCU SSL will reflect better on my credit scores. 🙏🏻🤞🏻🙏🏻😆😁

Message 7 of 12
CreditPuppy
Valued Member

LOL. 

And THAT would be the credit-builder loan I inferred to. I LOVE me some NFCU!!!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesssss!!!! 😍😍😍 Just waiting for the dust to settle from my App Spree, more of an App Binge, and the point damage it apparently did the most at with Ex. TU is fine. 

While waiting on that, I have to reach out to a CA where the OC is a bizarrely named place I've never heard of... Giving me something positive to do with my itchy hands. 

Message 9 of 12
CreditPuppy
Valued Member

LOL. Totally feeling ya.

I have become a somewhat app junkie.  I am in gardening right now, and have been looking for other things to do since I want to garden for the next 24 months.  The start and current in my siggy?  Happened in the past 14 months.  Along with all my open tradelines, which number 21.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.