Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut did something unexpected.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingerhut did something unexpected.

I was 60 days late on a payment due to loss of employment, however I paid it off in full at the start of the month.

They reported and I just saw that they removed the negative payment history off of my credit report and changed it to one one-time payment.
I'm flabbergasted to say the least. (Because I have horrible credit, had even worse before this happened.)

My credit rose up from 330 to 424 TransUnion and 336 to 442 Equifax. Wonderful news, definitely something to be thankful for this Thanksgiving! Smiley Happy

Happy Turkey Day everyone!!

All the best,
~Pfiffel
3 REPLIES 3
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Fingerhut did something unexpected.

Congratulations on your success!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I appreciate it!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on removing a damaging mark, that’s a great result. It sounds like you’re pulling scores from Credit Karma. If so, you should know that those are not FICO scores, they’re on an algorithm called VantageScore 3.0, and the only lender that uses them for credit decisions is Synchrony Bank (who is using the newer VS4.0 model).

To truly know where you stand, you’ll need your FICO scores. Go to www.creditchecktotal.com and sign up for a seven day trial for $1, get your FICO scores, and then cancel so you aren’t enrolled in a $30/month subscription.

If you’d like us to help you plan out a rebuild of your credit, get your reports from www.annualcreditreport.com and then post back up with the following info:

FICO scores
Any positive accounts on your reports, with lender, balance, and limit
Any negative entries including the same info, plus current status (collection, chargeoff, etc), who owns the debt currently, and date of first delinquency.

With this, we can help you plot a course for making good on any outstanding debts, which collectors are willing to delete in exchange for payment, when you may be able to request that derogatory accounts be removed early, etc.

We’re here to help if you’d like it - welcome to the forums Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.