Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut messed up!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingerhut messed up!!

So I filed a complaint on fingerhut due to them reporting some late payments on a CLOSED installment account due to their computer error. It's the only late payments on my report besides an old verizon charge off that falls off next year. So I wanted to get it cleared up. I went through fingerhut with no luck so I opened a complaint on the BBB website.
Well fingerhut decided to open a dispute on my current REVOLVING account on all 3 of my credit reports. What can I do? I've never disputed this account or anything to do with that one. Just the complaint with the BBB for the closed installment which they've removed the late payments from equifax but no others yet.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fingerhut messed up!!

I take it back they didn't remove the late payment. They added a NEW one that apparently happened when the account was already paid off and closed! Not sure how that works, the account was paid off 2/2020 and now says I had a late payment 5/2020 and 1/2020-which is the one due to their computer error!

Message 2 of 3
Nikita2008
Regular Contributor

Re: Fingerhut messed up!!

Dispute by mail with documentation. I had to do it in a similar situation with a different creditor.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.