Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First GW Letters Sent

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First GW Letters Sent

A couple of weeks ago, I sent out GW letters for the first time via USPS.  In fact I sent 5.

1. Last week my 3 paid collections with the Veteran's Administration for overpaid education benefits were removed from my EFX CR, but they are still on my TUC and XPN CAs. I have not yet received any communication from VA whether they approved/disapproved my GW request. I'm calling that GW letter successful, even though I have to work on the other two CRs.

2. I also sent a GW letter to CA Haugue Associates (HA) for an old dental bill that I finally paid last month.  A Senior Manager from HA called me yesterday telling me that they approved my request to delete the tradeline from all 3 CRs.   They also told me that they are sending me a letter in the mail, but due to federal law they cannot put the name of their agency on the outside of the envelope, it will just be from a PO Box in Des Moines, Iowa.  That sounds strange to me, when they were contacting me to try and collect the debt, their company name was all over the outside of the envelope.  Anyway, that's successful a GW letter.

Hopefully, FPB will come through and approve my GW letter and my CR should rise a bit.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: First GW Letters Sent

Congrats!  Sounds like a successful first round on the GW letters. 

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.