Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Pre-approval!

tag
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

First Pre-approval!

Its only a Merrick card.  BUT.....  No AF or any other fees.  And it goes from $750 to 1500 after 7 months of on time payments.  Thinking about jumping on it and closing a couple of fee cards (credit one, 1st prem, etc) esp after the CLI.  Anyone have any neg experience with Merrick?   Sound like a good plan?

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Pre-approval!

Congrats on the pre-approval!!

You're on the right track. I vote keep doing what you're doing. Don't app for Merrick better cards are weeks away.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same one a few days ago. Went ahead and applied and was declined. I noticed that the preapproval was dated 8/1 and I got the letter last week.
Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Did the pre-approval offer include a statement that it is being made as a result of a listing obtained from a CRA?

If so, it is a "firm offer for credit" as defined under the FCRA.

All "pre-approvals" are not the same.......

Message 4 of 7
susieqj
Regular Contributor

I got the same offer, applied an d was approved. I like it so far and the customer service is good. They have an which is easier to keep track of payment. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long have you had your fee cards now? Has it been at least six months. Do you have any other types of loans on your CR. Sometimes that can make a difference too. With the scores that you have,  you might stand a chance at getting a couple of Synchrony cards. I know that Walmart and Paypal Extras are two easy cards to get with low 600's scores.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JimBo99 wrote:

Its only a Merrick card.  BUT.....  No AF or any other fees.  And it goes from $750 to 1500 after 7 months of on time payments.  Thinking about jumping on it and closing a couple of fee cards (credit one, 1st prem, etc) esp after the CLI.  Anyone have any neg experience with Merrick?   Sound like a good plan?

Jump on it. Get rid of those FEE cards as soon as you can.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.