cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier....Can I Put It In the Burn Box?

tag
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

First Premier....Can I Put It In the Burn Box?

So, I foolishly applied for this card. They've sent it to me but I HAVE NOT sent any money. If I burn this, I won't have to look forward to any shenanigans from them later? Should I hold on to it for records until the auto withdrawal of offer (Dec)? Do I call to tell them I won't be using it?

Thanks Y'all

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Premier....Can I Put It In the Burn Box?

@peaved_about_credit wrote:
So, I foolishly applied for this card. They've sent it to me but I HAVE NOT sent any money. If I burn this, I won't have to look forward to any shenanigans from them later? Should I hold on to it for records until the auto withdrawal of offer (Dec)? Do I call to tell them I won't be using it?

Thanks Y'all

Is it a secured card or something? Or are you talking about the initial fees for the account?

Message 2 of 5
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Yes. Initial fees.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peaved_about_credit wrote:
Yes. Initial fees.

Burn the card and go through your bank where you have a history. Secured cards are unfortunatley a money pit and the best thing to do is go to your lending institution and tell them you are rebuilding your credit and want a secured card. 95% of the time if a person does this the unsecured card becomes an unsecured card after 6 months or a year. 

Message 4 of 5
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

I have one with Fifth Third. I'll burn it. I wanted to make sure that's the right thing to do incase I should have any issues later. I think I'll keep it in the drawer until it withdraws on its own.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.