Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Closed account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier Closed account

Hi

A few months ago I paid off my first Premier card.  I only had a $400 limit. On my report it says last reported

07/20 with a $0 balance.  There are notes saying account closed by credit grantor.  There are also notes saying previously 30 days late.  It says last activity 05/ 20.   Question: should I try to get the account deleted or leave it alone since it's paid off?   Why are they still updating if it's closed and paid off?   Since it's closed, is my $400 limit still included in my overall utilization?  I'm asking because I'm trying to get approved for a home loan and if they delete it, will that take $400 away from my utilization which will make my utilization high?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: First Premier Closed account

The limit on a closed card isn't factored into utilization. If you still had a balance though, like on a chargeoff, that would be factored into utilization.

Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi

A few months ago I paid off my first Premier card.  I only had a $400 limit. On my report it says last reported

07/20 with a $0 balance.  There are notes saying account closed by credit grantor.  There are also notes saying previously 30 days late.  It says last activity 05/ 20.   Question: should I try to get the account deleted or leave it alone since it's paid off?   Only if there are errors in the way its reported

Why are they still updating if it's closed and paid off?   This is most likely the final update if it closed in current account condition it doesnt matter with monthly updates.

Since it's closed, is my $400 limit still included in my overall utilization? No

I'm asking because I'm trying to get approved for a home loan and if they delete it, will that take $400 away from my utilization which will make my utilization high?

Message 3 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi

07/20 with a $0 balance.  There are notes saying account closed by credit grantor.  There are also notes saying previously 30 days late.  It says last activity 05/ 20.   Question: should I try to get the account deleted or leave it alone since it's paid off?   Only if there are ererors in the way its reported

Why are they still updating if it's closed and paid off?   This is most likely the final update if it closed in current account condition it doesnt matter with monthly updates.

Since it's closed, is my $400 limit still included in my overall utilization? No

I'm asking because I'm trying to get approved for a home loan and if they delete it, will that take $400 away from my utilization which will make my utilization high?

@gdale6  Had to have a good chuckle. The only word with a error is???? See above. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi

07/20 with a $0 balance.  There are notes saying account closed by credit grantor.  There are also notes saying previously 30 days late.  It says last activity 05/ 20.   Question: should I try to get the account deleted or leave it alone since it's paid off?   Only if there are ererors in the way its reported

@gdale6  Had to have a good chuckle. The only word with a error is???? See above. Smiley Very Happy

LOL, good catch, I fixed it... Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.