Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Paid Off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier Paid Off

Okay I had an older FP acccount that had been charged off. I went ahead and paid it. How do I get it updated as paid in full quickly? I'm mainly working with Equifax. Everytime I call, I get an Indian person that isn't very helpful. Same with Midnight Velvet, paid, but need it report fast. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: First Premier Paid Off

Contact the creditor and emphasize your need for prompt update.

They are requried, per FCRA 623(a)(2), to "promptly" report any updates necessary to maintain current accuracy of their reporting.

REporting is considered to be incompliance if done in their next regular reporting cycle.

They may agree to do a special, out of cycle reporting update........

Message 2 of 4
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

They are requried, per FCRA 623(a)(2), to "promptly" report any updates necessary to maintain current accuracy of their reporting.

REporting is considered to be incompliance if done in their next regular reporting cycle.

RobertEG, your posts are always on point.  Thank you!

Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: well even after literally telling them this, they still wouldn't update. They were still saying 30-60 days. UNTIL they screwed up! They sent me a letter saying that the balance was being transferred to a new card. This was NOT told to me at all. I filed a complaint with BBB. They called me and said the letter was a mistake and they have already sent request to CRA's to update as paid in full, and it should be updated by the beginning of the week. Nowwww to make sure Equifax does this! Any ideas or recommendations on how to make sure its done? Anything I can do ? 

@CostantinoA wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

RobertEG, your posts are always on point.  Thank you!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.