Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Re-aging Nightmare

tag
mowheat73
Valued Member

First Premier Re-aging Nightmare

I have disputed a charged off item through Experian on several occasions.  My last attempt resulted in the original creditor reporting inaccurate information to the credit bureau indicating that the charge off date was 08/2012, which has had a very negative impact on my credit score. 

I disputed directly with the First Premier and this is the letter that I received from them.  However, I have also attached my before and after dispute credit reports.  I really need some help with the next step.

My thought is to send a letter for intent to sue, but I am not sure if I have missed some procedures.  Any advise will be helpful.

PRE-DISPUTE DATED 02/01/2011

FIRST PREMIER BANK
601 S MINNESOTA AVE
SIOUX FALLS SD 57104
Phone number
(800) 987-5521

Partial account number a 2•.
Address identification number

Payment history
Date opened May 2002

First reported Jun 2002

Date of status Dec 2008
Type Revolving
Terms Nol reported
Monthlypayment Nol reported

Credit limit or original amount $300

High balance $513

Recent balance $513 as of Dec 2010

Responsibility Individual

Status Account charged off. $512 written off $513 past due as of Dec 2010.

This account is scheduled to continue on record until Oct2013.

This item was verified and updated on Feb 2007.

POST-DISPUTE NOV 03, 2012

Date Opened May 2002

First reported Aug 2005

Date of status Aug 2012

Type Credit card

Terms Not reported

Monthlypayment  Not reported

Credit limit or original amount $300

High balance $513

Recent balance $513 as of Aug 2012

Responsibility Individual

Status Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Dismissed. $512 written off. $513past due as of Aug 2012.

This account is scheduled to continue on record until Jul 2015

This item was updated from our processing of your dispute in Aug 2012

Account History Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Dismissed on Aug 17, 2012.

I SENT A CERTIFIED LETTER TO FIRST PREMIER AND THIS IS THE RESPONSE I RECEIVED.

Thank you for contacting First PREMIER Bank regarding credit
card account ending in 7899.

Per the FCRA, the seven year period for reporting a delinquency begins 180 days after the date the account becomes delinquent
and never again becomes current. The delinquency date for this account is 07/2008. On 08/17/2012 we responded to a dispute you
submitted via the credit reporting agency verifying the account information, however that does not change your delinquency date
of 07/2008. The account charged off due to non-payment on 11/30/2008. Though we report the same information to all the
consumer reporting agencies, there may be slight differences on how the information appears since they have their own unique
fields, descriptions, etc. If you disagree with how your account is being reported, you can dispute the information directly with
a consumer reporting agency.

Additional questions can be directed to the Customer Service Department at 1-800-987-5521. Business hours are Monday-Friday
7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Saturcay 8:00 a.m. to 4 :30 p.m. Central Time.

Sincerely,

M. Wilson
Customer Service Department
First PREMIER Bank
twl

My questions to the Forum

Clearly, First Premier has changed the charge off date in my file because my Experian reports shows that my most recent deliquency was 4 months ago, when in fact it had been written off in 2008.  I do believe that First Premier has re-aged my debt, true I owe it, but the charge-off date should be correctly indicated on my credit report.

Secondly, I am a bit confused if the debt has been written off, how can First Premier show that there is still a balance owed?  I realize that I do owe the debt, although I dispute the actual amount.  I attempt to address that in the letter that I sent to the company with no resolve.

Lastly, I have been disputed this item for about 2 years now, and I would like to move further with filing suit.  Can someone help me with following the correct steps, so my lawsuit will not be thrown out.

I much appreciate any assistance.

Starting Score: USAA EX 570 EQ 574 TU 603
Current Vantage Score: USAA EX 657 EQ 672 TU 654
Fico 8: EX 672 EQ 744 TU 667
Goal Score: 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
mowheat73
Valued Member

Re: First Premier Re-aging Nightmare

See above

Message 2 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

File a BBB complaint with the above information.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 10
mowheat73
Valued Member

Thank you so much for your prompt response.  I have filed a complaint with the BBB, Comptroller of the Currency of National Banks, and South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulations.  I have received acknowledgments from each organization, so I am just waiting.  I am trying to obtain a studen loan, by them reporting that I recently was deliquent, my scores don't qualify. 

They have referred me back to the Credit Bureaus, but I was under the impression that I could directly dispute to the orginal creditor.

Again, Thanks so much for your response.

Message 4 of 10
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

So much to cover..

#1 When a creditor has not received a payment for a period of 180 days, the creditor must then write that balance off meaning, they cannot report that as an asset or monies due on their books. They do however, still very much own the debt and can collect on it.

#2 It appears you suffered the same fate I did. FP charged off and never reported again for me. Then I frivilously dispured it , hoping it would magocally fall off. It didnt. They now mark it periodically to remind me its unpaid.

#3 Because FP doesnt often sell these debts, it makes them hard to remove and factors HEAVILY in your utilization.

After battling wirh these guys for so long, Im going to pay the 30% settlement or so and just take the "Settled after Chargeoff" mark because in all honesty, its not that much to settle but its KILLING me month in and month out. They work with people and bad credit so they know they have us by the "edit". I suggest you do the same. Bringing a civil suit will do nothing but bring you more expenses..

Please keep language G-rated, Thank You,Lightnin,myFICO moderator

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Message 5 of 10
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

You havent re-aged. If you Charged off Dec 2008, then the deletion date of 2015 is correct

Message 6 of 10
mowheat73
Valued Member

I have received correspondence from an outside collection agency trying to collect the debt.  Also, FP has listed this in a bankruptcy 8/2012.  I haven't filed for bankruptcy.  Everything about the update is incorrect.  Additionally, I have disputed to actual charge off date bc it was changed from the first credit report to the second.  See above. 

However, thank you for all of your input.  It is much appreciated.

Message 7 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I don't see anything reporting correctly on that account.  The dates are changed, the amount is different, the BK is wrong.  You have contacted them and tried to have this corrected.  They are saying it's wrong.  It's time to throw everything out the window, get yourself a consumer attorney and send an ITS notice.  That will stop all that automated crap and have someone actually look at the thing.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 10
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

The reason I suggested paying instead of an attorney is purely cost. To have an attorney draft a letter to First Premier is probably the same amount you are looking at in a settlement... Sorry for PG-13 Language earlier Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having this exact same problem with 2 accounts on Equifax and 1 account on Experian. In both cases they charged off in 2008 and sold the debt and I settled with the CA's. One started reporting again every month from Jan - Nov in 2011. Each month they reported CO which basically created a ding for that account in that month. They did this on both EQ and EX. The other updated in Nov of 2012, same thing. That one is only on EQ and it's absolutely killing my score on EQ because it shows as a ding 4 months ago despite the fact that I've had a clean hiostory since 2008.

Mine are First National Bank and Cash Call. Cash Call is only on EQ and I have disputed it. Hoping that gets cleared up from the dispute. FNB I disputed on both EQ and EX but I also called them and they confirmed I should only have the CO on March of 2008. They had me fax a copy of my CR to them so they can figure out what is going on and correct it. I hope I don't have to try and get Cash Call to help correct theirs because based on what I've read they are almost impossible to deal with. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.