Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Progress

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Progress

I have a balance on a closed, First Progress account. There is no good way to contact them. Has anyone had success with a pay to delete situation? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First Progress

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a balance on a closed, First Progress account. There is no good way to contact them. Has anyone had success with a pay to delete situation? Thanks in advance!

Are you saying the info listed on your CR is inaccurate?? If so that would be a violation of law as any entity that reports to your CR must have a valid contact address onfile.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked my credit report and found their phone number. They don't have one listed on the website, only a physical address. I'll contact them and see what they say. Thank you!

Message 3 of 4
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

OP,

IMOE, First Progress would not accept a PFD. What they do do is delete any past negative info that is currently reporting. So, your late payments on the account in the past will be erased. That's it!!! The account will still be coded as a derogatory/charge off and will still have to ride out the 7 yr CRTP until it falls off.

It may or may not be worth trying to GW in this COVID climate(?) Who knows...ya might get lucky.

Good Luck!👍🍀 

I❤️NY

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.