Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time Credit With One Negative

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Time Credit With One Negative

Hello. So glad I have found this forum. I'm 39 years old and never in my life(yes I know that's crazy) had any type of credit until six months ago when I got my first capital one secured card. I had to put down $99 and they gave me $200 CL. I've had the card for six months and just the other day they increased my limit to $500. I have never been late and pay the bill in full each month. I didn't have a credit score until this month and I checked Experian and it says 623. My untilization was high but I got it down. I will now only use 10% of my credit starting now so I expect the score to go up a little next billing.The only thing I have on my credit report is a hospital emergency room bill from 2013 (I didn't have insurance at the time) for $270. With the hospital bill on my credit is it ever possible to get to a score of 700 or am I doomed with just being in the low 600s until the bill falls off? I just want to be realisitc and not set myself up with false hopes. Any help will be greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: First Time Credit With One Negative

Is the hospital bill with a collection company? Maybe try a PFD.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello. Thanks for your reply. Yes it's with a collection agency. How do I a PFD?
Message 3 of 8
AutoBot
Established Contributor

You basically offer to pay the bill to the collection company with the agreement they will delete the account from your credit reports. Some will do that and some will not.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I will try that. Thank you very much.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before doing anything google the HIPAA Letter Process follow it exactly as laid out. If you have problems finding the website or any questions PM me.
Message 6 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

And yes, you can hit 700 with it on your report, if it remains the only negative.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again everyone for your replies. I will do a search on the HIPPA letter information. Also nice to know this won't hold my score back too much. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.