cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time Post-Need to Save a Sinking Ship!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Time Post-Need to Save a Sinking Ship!

I will draft a letter to my bank for the late payments on my auto loan. Ive asked my mom to add me as a user to her credit card, but if you knew my mom your eyes would popout of their sockets and onto your cheeks because even that is unusual for her to do-I was just her foster child so she really isnt obligated to do more. I didn't know that any sub-prime lenders actually existed after 2008, but I will keep looking, At this point I probably can just hope to get up another 30-40 points to a 580, is that what you're saying? 

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

an eviction notice?

Do you not have a lease or is it up?

The lease is up on May 31 and they will not renew. They gave me a choice to buy the house or move. I have three young children, one has physical disabilities (needs a first floor bedroom with room for a lift) and one has autism. So moving into another ADA compliant home in rural Maine would be more difficult than you imagine. I will be moving into a hotel on June 1st which is my backup plan. Ive managed to get a really great job (my income is around 63k) and I have no other debts or expenses, so I was really hoping to have an asset.

Message 12 of 16
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

"Fast-forward to 2018, and according to a report from CNBC, the subprime mortgage is back--this time with a new name: nonprime. Of course, that's just a change in brand. Like subprime mortgages, nonprime mortgages are offered to customers with credit scores as low as 500."

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 13 of 16
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

OP, do a google search for the hippa method for collections. You may be able to use it to get that medical collection gone. We can’t discuss it here but the creator is helpful. You will need to try and get the lates gone through good will letters.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI All, When I signed up for the MyFICO score, I had to create a new username for the forum-dont ask me why. BUT I HAVE some cool news. I called the collection agency responsible for the medical collections (paid in 2017) and they gave me some runaround abou tnot being able to delete the accounts per regulations, yada yada. So I drafter a goodwill letter as you suggested and sent it to the CEO email, which I found on a partner website (I work as a clinical researcher and we have an association in common; his email was displayed on the public website for this association). Only One Hour after sending the emai, I received a call from the supervisor at the agency, telling me that they were deleting these accounts from my report. I AM SO EXCITED!!! Apparently my letter writing skills are stellar. I'm going to attempt to do this with my late car payment next. 

Message 15 of 16
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Congrats, that has to be some record for getting a goodwill removal. Hopefully the lates will work out too.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.