Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time Repairing Credit

tag
StephenKay
New Visitor

First Time Repairing Credit

So this is my first attempt to clean up my credit... after using the abusive and complete scam Curacao to attempt to build good credit, I payed them off in one year... shortly after I received an offer from Capital One.

Utilizing their credit tracker tool, I noticed I have a 625 score... and under balances I have 2 separate Curacao - one showing 0.00 balance, another ones howing 70.00 as a personal loan???

Then there are 3 others:

EOS CCA - $3k

PROG MGT SYS - $1,100k

MIDLAND FUND - $738

I have no idea what these are, all I know is it's been a good 5-7 years since I ever messed with my credit negatively... what's the best advice to finding out what these are, if they're valid? and my next course of action??

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Carrie_in_Pa
Established Member

Re: First Time Repairing Credit

Did you look at your credit report or is this from capital one's tracker?

Starting Score: 382 - 418 (2005) -- Current Score: 628 (TU08) -- 661 (Beacon 5.0) -- Goal Score: 750+
Into the Garden 6-15-2014 -- Digging in the dirt until 6-2015
Message 2 of 6
StephenKay
New Visitor

Capital One's tracker...

Message 3 of 6
Carrie_in_Pa
Established Member

All the tracker gives you is the name of the company and the balance due.

You really should pull a free credit report and review the complete information to see what it is and then ask someone here to help.

I use www.annualcreditreport.com and pull one of the 3 reports every 4 months so that i can track progress without using up all of the free yearly reports at once.

Starting Score: 382 - 418 (2005) -- Current Score: 628 (TU08) -- 661 (Beacon 5.0) -- Goal Score: 750+
Message 4 of 6
Carrie_in_Pa
Established Member

Oh and WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

Message 5 of 6
StephenKay
New Visitor

Oh great... thank you so much!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.