Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing First Missed Payment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fixing First Missed Payment

Hi everyone, first timer here. I'm a medical student with a ton of debt who has worked super hard to build good credit. My citibank credit card payment was due on December 1st 2019, but I got hit with a terrible 24hr bug and lost a dear patient in the same day. My husband and family were so busy supporting me that this one payment slipped through the cracks until the morning of Dec 31st when I went to make all my payments again. I was hysterical when it showed I was 31 days past due on a $250 charge and was on the phone with citi for hours; retraumatized all over again from that day. They were wonderful and forgave the late fee, but I am SO worried about having that missed payment on my credit report and in my credit history. I have never missed a payment before. We have been saving for a house and this could really screw us since I have better credit than my partner. Is there anything I can do??? I am so upset with myself.

2 REPLIES 2
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Fixing First Missed Payment

If they won't remove the late payment from the bureaus, you can call the executive office and/or write a goodwill letter to them. If that doesn't work, keep hammering away with more calls and letters. There are a lot of good letter templates here if you search for them.

Message 2 of 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Fixing First Missed Payment

Welcome @Anonymous The GW Saturation thread has many ways to go about it. https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-odds/td-p/4727098 

On a side note. You were sick for 24hrs on the 1st. Then you lost a patient. Thats part of the medical field. You dont want to know how many deaths I see in a week from Fire/Rescue and ER. Many I treated for months or years before their passing. And the senseless deaths to innocent poeple from drunk drivers that live and other morons that kill others for nothing. The list goes on and on. You will learn how to not let it get to you emotionally. You'll have to. But everyday life has to go on regardless. You cant put life on hold. Theres others that will need you as your career moves forward. And death is part of life. When our number is called. Theres nothing we can do about it.

Good luck with Citi. It wont be easy but dont give up. Here's to a successful career and all the lives you will touch. Blessings to you.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.