Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing late payment reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fixing late payment reports

I recently pulled my credit report for the first time in a long time and found that back in 2005 one of my creditors reported 2 late payments.  My fico score was a lot lower then I thought it would be and my wife and I are trying to save for a future home purchse (which isn't looking good because of my score).  My question is whether or not I have any type of recourse with the creditor because of extenuating circumstances and the late payments? 

The only reason I did not make 2 payments was that I was deployed to a remote location and had no idea how to prepare financially.  I have made no other late payments and besides those two liittle inconsistencies my credit payments are perfect.  Do I have any right to dsipute this and to whom do I write?  The creditor, or the credit reporting agencies, or both?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fixing late payment reports

Send GW letters to the creditor reporting the lates and explain the situation and why you were late.

Message 2 of 3
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fixing late payment reports

What are your scores?  I wouldn't think that two late payments that occured 3 years ago would be dragging them down that much.  No collections or CO's?  How many positive TL's do you have open?  If you have CC's, what is your util%?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.