Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing my credit...

tag
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Fixing my credit...

I checked my credit report with both Transunion and Experian. For some odd reason Equifax kept throwing errors.

I have have two items on both reports. One from MCM for "Uknown Balance", and the other for $366 with Verizon Wireless.

The VZW one, VZW themselves are the collectors. I guess they have an in-house collections department.

Now, being that I work part time for mininum wage, I cannot afford to pay $366 all at once. I would like to set up a payment plan.

1. Do most CA's allow payment plans? Anyone have any specififcs regarding VZW?

2. Will VZW delete if I pay in full?

3. Is $400 of derogiratery debt a huge hit to my credit, if I want to graduate from a secured card to an unsecured one?

Thanks

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jbrown773
Contributor

Re: Fixing my credit...

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

I checked my credit report with both Transunion and Experian. For some odd reason Equifax kept throwing errors.

I have have two items on both reports. One from MCM for "Uknown Balance", and the other for $366 with Verizon Wireless.

The VZW one, VZW themselves are the collectors. I guess they have an in-house collections department.

Now, being that I work part time for mininum wage, I cannot afford to pay $366 all at once. I would like to set up a payment plan.

I think all CA's allow payment plans, I didnt know VZW had an in house collections department, mine went to a CA.

The CA I had to deal with deleted it if paid in full. 

3. Is $400 of derogiratery debt a huge hit to my credit, if I want to graduate from a secured card to an unsecured one?

I think it depends more on how new the collection on the report. other members will be better help with that question. 

Thanks

Starting Score: EQ FICO 582, TU 614, EX 528 9/13
Current Score: EQ FICO 648, TU 678, EX 663
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Odd thing is, there was another collection account on all 3 reports. It was for around $700 with T-Mobile.

Funny thing is, it's GONE from all 3 reports. I never paid it, never disputed it, and it was nowhere near.

One other question. When I get a actual unsecured credit card, if for whatever reason (not saying it will, but just wondering), a new collection account pops up, can it reduce my credit limit?

TU Fico 626

Message 3 of 9
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Bump

TU Fico 626

Message 4 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@jbrown773 wrote:

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

I think all CA's allow payment plans, I didnt know VZW had an in house collections department, mine went to a CA.

A CA can allow payment arrangements but they do not have to.

The CA I had to deal with deleted it if paid in full. 

Verizon is extremely hard to deal with in getting a deletion.  It has happend so keep trying.

I think it depends more on how new the collection on the report. other members will be better help with that question. 

The money amount of a collections has no impact.  A $1 collection is just as damaging as a $50,000 one.

Thanks

Message 5 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Odd thing is, there was another collection account on all 3 reports. It was for around $700 with T-Mobile.

Funny thing is, it's GONE from all 3 reports. I never paid it, never disputed it, and it was nowhere near.

One other question. When I get a actual unsecured credit card, if for whatever reason (not saying it will, but just wondering), a new collection account pops up, can it reduce my credit limit?  That would depend on the CCC and what their requirements are.

Message 6 of 9
jbrown773
Contributor

I feel like im learning seeing my answers were close to yours guin Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@jbrown773 wrote:

Yes you are!   It can take some time to no longer be confused, totally.

Message 8 of 9
jbrown773
Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@jbrown773 wrote:

Yes you are!   It can take some time to no longer be confused, totally.

Yeah that is very true. I'm still learning and their is a lot to still learn but for the start of it I think I'm on a good track. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.