Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing my credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fixing my credit

New to this board - hopeful some experienced people can give me some guidance.

My current credit score is 571. I had a bankruptcy, car reposession, home foreclosure and bad debt issues in SEPT 2005. Over the last year, I have no debt besides a student loan and I am on a payment plan with the IRS. We have no credit cards or loans and pay for everything with our debit card. We are never late on a bill and my income is $130,000 / year.

We want to buy the house we are renting right now and have enough to buy this less $52,000? I would like to get a home loan but should I try to get a secured credit card first to help boost my credit? Or..should I just save the $52k and buy it? At some point in time I will need a loan for a car or home equity so I just need any advice? Thank, BR

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fixing my credit

If you have no open CC, adding one or two and maybe (eventually) a store card will help your score out.

This isn't saying that adding one will get you approved for the home loan, but should help your score.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.