Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free report after credit denial - question

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Free report after credit denial - question

After I got Sec CC's I apped for Walmart (6/8)...I know stupid, I should had rebuilt first then apped as my scores now would most likely yield an approval.  Well, I was thinking how I could get a small positive out of this.  I know that you can get free reports within 60 days after a denial.  How do I get these free reports? Is it limited to only the CRA that Walmart pulled (in my case TU)? Lastly, should I wait to as close of the end of the 60 days to get my report? (Im still waiting for some things to be removed and to begin reporting).

Thanks,

Duncan

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Free report after credit denial - question

Denail of credit is considered an "adverse action," and is covered by FCRA 615(a).

They were required to have provided you a notice of adverse action, identifying the source of the CR they relied upon.

The consumer must send the notice of adverse action to that CRA to get the free CR,   See section 615(a)(3)(A).

Message 2 of 4
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Denail of credit is considered an "adverse action," and is covered by FCRA 615(a).

They were required to have provided you a notice of adverse action, identifying the source of the CR they relied upon.

The consumer must send the notice of adverse action to that CRA to get the free CR,   See section 615(a)(3)(A).

Walmart hasnt sent me anything.  Thanks.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I will PM you a number for TU...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.