cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom Mortgage Goodwill Success!!! (I think)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Freedom Mortgage Goodwill Success!!! (I think)

Trying to clean up the few negative accoutns that I have on my credit report! Decided to try out some "Goodwill" letters today! 

Sent out to Chase and Freedom Mortgage at 2:00, received what I think to be a successful repy from Freedom Mortgage at 3:15!! Excerpts below:

xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

January 10, 2017

Freedom Mortgage Corporation

907 Pleasant Valley Avenue

Mount Laurel, NJ 08054

Dear Sir/Madam

Account Reference: xxxxxxxxxx

We have been customers with your company since 2015 and during that time, have enjoyed our experience with Freedom Mortgage, greatly. We are writing to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to the three credit agencies. We have two late payments on the above referenced account that date back to December of 2015. Since that time we have been exceptional customers paying every month on time and never 30 days late.

Because of our exceptional payment history over the last year, we would like you to consider removing the negative payments from my credit reports. At the time of the late payments, we had just moved into our new home in January 2015 and were getting adjusted to the new monthly bill schedule, as well as welcoming our second baby girl into our lives. My wife was still attending school fulltime and juggling the monthly bills was difficult. We missed on our first bill with the new loan as we weren’t near organized enough yet with the bills due date. I say this not to justify why the payments were late, but rather to show that the late payments are not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness. We hope that Freedom Mortgage is willing to work with us on erasing these marks from my credit reports.

We have been very happy customers in the past, enough that we even refinanced to take advantage of the new PMI rates. We hope to continue a long relationship with Freedom Mortgage. With today’s credit industry so competitive, we know how important it is to maintain good relationships with customers. Freedom Mortgage has been exceptional in our book so far and we highly recommend it to all of our friends and relatives. We hope that you will deeply consider this request and prove once again, why Freedom Mortgage is heads above the rest. I look forward to your reply. 

Thank you in anticipation.

xxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxx@xxx.com 

(555)555-5555

--------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Foeller, we have reviewed your account and as a courtesy we will amend the negative reporting on your previous loan with us. A letter will be sent to you advising you of this update. Please let me know if you need anything further

I'm in the process of sending a very gracious reply!!! Now I just hope that this stays a success story, and doesnt turn into negatively impacting my score as i've seen in so many other posts!! Fingers crossed that Chase miraculously goes this great as well! My report shows 3 accounts that each show a 30 day late, Freedom having 2 occurances. Hopefully I see some positive feedback on my scores!  

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Freedom Mortgage Goodwill Success!!! (I think)

awesome!!! Congrats!!! Did you email them this letter?
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I just sent out a mass E-Mail to all of the higher ups contacts I could find on LinkedIn. I just used the generic John.Doe@freedommortgage.com and plugged in the execs names I found. I sent the e-mail to myself and BCC the contacts. Worked out great!!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update on the Goodwill letters:

As you have probably seen above. Freedom Mortgage had a response right away. I was utterly shocked as I did not have much hope for these. I sent a Thank You response and they even responded to that within minutes! Great customer service, now to keep watching my scores and checking on my reports to see when they change!

Chase called me today, I spoke with an Executive and she told me that they did receive my request, and that she was sending this over to the credit department to see what they could do for me. I went over again what my request exactly was, that I was not disputing the late payment, just requesting it be removed from my payment histry as an act of "goodwill". She said I should hear back from her by Tuesday of next week. 

This one bothers me, I really hope this doesnt turn into the "dispute/score drop" issue. But we will see, I am holding out hope! 

Either way I have had great customer service so far with both of these companies! If these are both in fact successful, that will only leave me with 1 late payment ot Capital One to work on! Saving the hardest for last!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it turns into a dispute all you literally have to do is call the CBs and ask them to remove the "dispute" because it is no longer being disputed. I've seen a lot of people have good luck with calling and having it taken off within a few days!
Message 5 of 10
AutoBot
Established Contributor

I don't see GW adjustments on mortgage accounts happen that often so consider yourself blessed. Congrats.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news from Chase. The same lady called me back today from the Chase Executive Offices. She informed me that her credit team looked into the late payment that was reflecting on 2 of the reporting agencies. It looks like it in fact was a incorrectly reported late payment, and that the payment was actually made on time. They have reported the change to the agencies, so this one is resolved as well! 

These are going much better than I could have hoped! 

I also received the official letter in the mail regarding my Freedom Mortgage goodwills. It states that an update has been completed with the four National Credit Bureaus updated guess they update it through a manual updating system called E-Oscar? 

I am anxious to see how this will affect my scores! Goodluck to anyone else going throught the "Goodwill" process as well!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I am currently in the process of writing a goodwill letter to Freedom Mortgage but I cannot find email addresses online. Would you mind sharing some of the email addresses

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I am trying the same process you did with contacting higher ups at Freedom Mortgage. I was wondering if you could tell me what department head was able to assist you? Like someone in Customer care, CEO level, etc? I was also cerious; how much did your score go up after getting the lates off? 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi can you send the contact info you used for Freedom Mortgage? 

Thanks

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.