Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From $0 to $23K in 10 weeks REVISED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

From $0 to $23K in 10 weeks REVISED!

Don't know why some of my posts get cut off so I had to re-write most of it.

1st I can't express fully enough my gratitude to those who have offered advice, commented, asked questions & started threads on so many different things on these forums. You all have helped me form better judgment and shape my credit profile.

I first logged in here on 1/8/16 but was consuming info voraciously for a couple of weeks prior. I app'd and was approved for the QS1 and Plat. ($500 SL's on both) on 1/9 (without having a solid pre-approved “OFFER”). I then started disputing some items and requesting EE's from the bureaus with some success (because I did my research here and understood my expectations). I then app'd the standard FingerHut and Overstock with approvals. Bought 1 item on each and PIF'd. Watched my scores bounce a bit with things coming off, INQ's hitting & new accts being reported while slowly creeping up. Then I PC'd the Plat to a QS and got $1K CLI's on each. I went for the Amazon and Walmart store CC's and got approved (I use them all the time and PIF). Got CLI's to $3500 on each through CS.

2 weeks ago I was able to get an EE from EQ & EX for my last CO and my scores jumped around 50pts.

Taking the advice I get here (and with those higher scores) I app'd the Cap1 VISA Rewards and was approved for $3K, Lowes $1500, and Smile Generation $4K bringing my total CL to over $23K and all since 1/9/16!!!

For those here who feel lost or without hope I'm giving a TRUE testimony to the fact that treating your credit future like a job has its rewards. I spent countless nights and early mornings devouring these threads learning as much as I could BEFORE I took on the next item so I had a good feel for the result I would get and trying to repeat others successes and it worked.

Go for your goals like they mean something and you can achieve them.

26 REPLIES 26
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: From $0 to $23K in 10 weeks

That's awesome. Smiley Happy

My scores are stagnant nregardless of new cards and limits.

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel your pain auto .. mine havent much moved in a month, but no movement sometimes is better than downward movement. I have some things comming off my report in April so hopefully that will give me a lil boost. 

Message 3 of 27
rebuilding123
New Contributor

Congrats on your Credit Limits! Now just to manage them properly!Smiley Wink

Military Star $6.7K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7K | Barclays Arrival $3K | BankAmericard Platinum Plus $2.5K | Blue Nile $4.5K
Starting Score: ~490 (April 2015)
FICO 8: 712 EQ // 695 TU // 701 EX (August 2016)
Goal Score: 720
Message 4 of 27
thehollowaytape
Contributor

Congrats on the speedy progress!!

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rebuilding123 wrote:

Congrats on your Credit Limits! Now just to manage them properly!Smiley Wink

Thanks and Thank you for allowing me to be your 2nd post here, LOL... This forum has been the catalyst to my success!

Message 6 of 27
rebuilding123
New Contributor

Completely agree!! My score improvements are 100% because of myFICO community. LONG time lurker. Finally started doing something about my situation last August!

Military Star $6.7K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7K | Barclays Arrival $3K | BankAmericard Platinum Plus $2.5K | Blue Nile $4.5K
Starting Score: ~490 (April 2015)
FICO 8: 712 EQ // 695 TU // 701 EX (August 2016)
Goal Score: 720
Message 7 of 27
theheater30
Contributor

Re: From $0 to $23K in 10 weeks REVISED!

Congrats!!! Glad to hear I am not the only one spending countless hours researching and obsessing over credit!!! It's draining at times but the victories feel so good!

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: From $0 to $23K in 10 weeks REVISED!

@theheater30 wrote:

Congrats!!! Glad to hear I am not the only one spending countless hours researching and obsessing is the right word! over credit!!! It's draining at times but the victories feel so good!

I have to laugh at some of my obsessions honestly. Logging on to accts and credit monitoring sites several times a day looking for any little sign of movement. It's paid off though so I really need to go put down some roots in the garden for a season. I have all the accts I need and then some so I need to let some INQ's age and go for a few safe CLI's along the way.

One TL I really need that I can't get for some reason is the Care Credit and I may try it again soon but that's it.

Message 9 of 27
nickkinfl
New Contributor

I understand also AutoBot, but patience is the key! I was on a roller coaster ride with my credit since Dec. 2015. It would go up 10 points then down 15 points. I was getting discouraged and I thought that I would never be able to improve my scores. I also studied this forum like it was a full time job and my scores are now improving. Read my post on how my Experian score went up 90 points in 2 days! Never give up, things will start to happen!!

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.