Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Garbage to Garden -- My Credit Journey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

From Garbage to Garden -- My Credit Journey

Since I've had other questions and experiences that don't relate to my original thread, I figured it would probably be a good idea to put everything in one place. Maybe it'll help others who were in a similar situation.

I'll go into some more detail regarding how I've improved my credit score, but right now, I'm hoping someone can answer a couple of questions about doing a PC from Citi Diamond Preferred to Citi Double Cash.

I started out with the Citi Diamond Secured Mastercard with a $500 limit. Recently, my secured account "matured," so they sent my deposit back to me and a new Diamond Preferred card. Having seen others post about it, I knew that it's possible to have this new unsecured account swapped to a Double Cash.

So I called today and began that process. It didn't sound like there were any issues or hiccups that could prevent this from happening, but I wasn't able to hear the rep on the phone very well. I believe she mentioned something about the Double Cash card coming in 10 to 14 days, but it's possible I misunderstood because I think she also mentioned something about how I could change my mind or get denied this PC for Double Cash between now and November 1, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me if I'll have the new card within the next 2 weeks.

Anyway, I'm hoping someone who has been through this process can explain a little bit about what this process entails and what I should expect.

Thanks in advance!

Can someone explain to me what this process entails?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: From Garbage to Garden -- My Credit Journey

@AnonymousMaybe try and change your thread title to the Citi Card Upgrade Question. And then hit the report inappropriate button and ask a Mod to move it to the Credit Cards sub forum. Title is misleading in a way. You'll get better responces there.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

At first I was going to just post in my first thread, then I considered posting in the credit cards section, but I had hoped to keep all my questions and such in one place...

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

On a whim, I did a prequal for the Evergreen Rewards Visa by FNBO. It told me I was tentatively approved for $11,600 at 25% APR. Went through with the app and got it! It's my largest starting limit yet!

Interest rate is a tad high, but there's an introductory 12 months of 0% APR, so I think I'm going to BT what I currently have on a couple other cards onto this one so I can start AZEO. Then I'll have 12 months to find a replacement card with a better interest rate, at which point the Evergreen can be sock-drawered.

Message 4 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

On a whim, I did a prequal for the Evergreen Rewards Visa by FNBO. It told me I was tentatively approved for $11,600 at 25% APR. Went through with the app and got it! It's my largest starting limit yet!

Interest rate is a tad high, but there's an introductory 12 months of 0% APR, so I think I'm going to BT what I currently have on a couple other cards onto this one so I can start AZEO. Then I'll have 12 months to find a replacement card with a better interest rate, at which point the Evergreen can be sock-drawered.

Congrats

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks 👍🏼

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.