Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From the 500's to Buying My First Home!

tag
mamatried
Contributor

From the 500's to Buying My First Home!

If you're on this board, you're probably facing the beginning of your journey, trudging through the trenches of repair or coming back to encourage others! For the first time, I'm here today for the latter, thanks to all of you before me who have come here to share your journeys. 

I am giddy to report that today I received my CLEAR TO CLOSE and this week, I will be a first time homeowner! AND my mortgage rate is fantastic. 3.75% Fixed!

If I can do it, ANYONE can do it. YOU can fix your problems and realize your dreams, too. There's no overnight quick fixes. Credit takes TIME and I am so glad I found these forums and decided to make a plan and grind and grind and grind and then GRIND some MORE. 

12/23/14: 536 | 4/4/18 714
MAJORS: Chase Slate, Amex Blue, Citi American Airlines, Gap Visa, Cap1 QS, Southwest, AQHA BOA, Discover, Chase Freedom, Citi Best Buy, Cap1 Platinum, BuyPower GM, US Bank H-D STORE Macy's, VS, Home Depot, Old Navy, Kohl's, J Crew, Venus, Care Credit, PayPal Credit LOANS Ally Auto, Prosper, American Financial Resources Home Mortgage (USDA Rural Development)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: From the 500's to Buying My First Home!

Congrats! I'm in the process of trying to accomplish the same thing! Must be a great feeling!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super happy for you Congrats!

Message 3 of 5
mamatried
Contributor

Thank-you! I looked back and I first posted to this forum for help on repairing with home ownership as the goal in Fall 2014. 2 years sounds like a long tiime, but every day you move 0.1% further along and eventually... BAM! You're there!

12/23/14: 536 | 4/4/18 714
MAJORS: Chase Slate, Amex Blue, Citi American Airlines, Gap Visa, Cap1 QS, Southwest, AQHA BOA, Discover, Chase Freedom, Citi Best Buy, Cap1 Platinum, BuyPower GM, US Bank H-D STORE Macy's, VS, Home Depot, Old Navy, Kohl's, J Crew, Venus, Care Credit, PayPal Credit LOANS Ally Auto, Prosper, American Financial Resources Home Mortgage (USDA Rural Development)
Message 4 of 5
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the new home Op , I'm past the repairing part and in the part Of just building positive credit lines and history this part seems the most frustrating to me anyways , we want so badly to get them awesome approvals but it takes time and plenty of PATIENCE this is have learned the hard way I'm sure
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.