Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated--Credit Bureau's!!

tag
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

Frustrated--Credit Bureau's!!

So, I have been rebuilding my credit for the last year, today I get a score watch alert my fico dropped...what?  Look online and a Citi/Shell card that was closed and paid in full in Sept 2009, shows a derogatory...paid collection!!  What?????  This account was never sent to collections, and has shown as a postiive tradeline for 3 years.  This is only updated on Equifax, but now all my credit reports are picking it up....

Called Citi Recovery dept. they have no record of this account in a collection status, and told me to fax a letter to the Credit Bureau Dispute dept.....UGH!!!

Faxed yesterday- haven't heard anything yet.  They better remove this, otherwise what are my options???

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Re: Frustrated--Credit Bureau's!!

They will HAVE to remove it if its false info, dont worrySmiley Wink

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 2 of 8
GregB
Valued Contributor

Almost impossible for any CRA error to give you this result. It could be possible for a CRA error to give you an erroneous entry on the one CRA but not all three.

SOMEBODY reported the wrong info to all three CRAs, which requires three different transmission. I would look at the reporting creditor for the source of the problem. If it says Citi/Shell, that is your likely source of the problem. If it is a collection agency reporting, then look there.

Message 3 of 8
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

It was Shell Oil (Citi) that reported the info...I spoke with them directly today, and they said as far as "she" CSR  could see, my account never even had a late payment.  This is obviously a mistake...they told me to call back on Monday...Ugh...waiting for them to fix their mistakes really sucks.  Who knows how long it will take them to correct and the CRA to update.  They better not give me any crap on Monday!

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Message 4 of 8
getmycreditright
Regular Contributor

Ugh. That's the thing I hate most about rebuilding. Everything is such a long, drawn out process. Keep the faith! As stated earlier, it is false info so they will have to remove it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score - 575 (4/10)
Current Score - EQ - 750, TU - 752, EX - 728 11/4/12

Current Cards:
AMEX SPG ($7.5k), Amazon.com Visa ($3k), Discover More ($2k) all since 11/4/12

Fighting the good fight!
Message 5 of 8
namvet
Established Contributor

@getmycreditright wrote:

Ugh. That's the thing I hate most about rebuilding. Everything is such a long, drawn out process. Keep the faith! As stated earlier, it is false info so they will have to remove it.

It's also a long, drawn out process to establish your credit.  Rebuilding should be no different.

Message 6 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You dont have to sit around and wait for them to take action at their liesure.

Send them a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8), disputing the accuracy of their reporting, and putting them under a 30-day period to complete an investigation and report back to you.  The additional benefit is that if they concur, they are required to update with each CRA they previously reported the inaccurate information to.  FCRA 623(b)(1)(D).

You dont have to pursue it with each CRA, they must report the correction to all.

Make them clean up their own mess, under your time frame.

Message 7 of 8
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the advice...I will do just that! 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.