Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GECRB GW Success

tag
Vtso4
Established Member

GECRB GW Success

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share my GW success story with GE Capital Retail Bank. I started sending good will and PFD letters to each of the companies I had negatives with (8 total since 2/2011).  After 3 rounds of letters I've had 3 (Verizon,Best Buy, Banana Republic) companies taken off of my credit report including a letter I got today from Banana Republic saying

"This letter is written confirmation that a request was sent to the major credit reporting agencies to delete the trade line reference regarding the above Banana Republic account from your credit report."

I just sent a sincere letter to all my negative accounts to the addresses listed on my credit report via snail mail. Will send out another round of letters in a week to get rid of the rest. Couldn't have done it without finding the myfico forums. Thanks everyone.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
vol4life
Valued Member

Re: GECRB GW Success

Congrats. I am still trying to get a baddie removed with Best Buy....

Message 2 of 20
smplymuzic
Established Member

Congrats on your success.  Will you please send me the GECRB info you used.  I have 2 baddies on an ikea account I really need deleted.

In the garden until January 2015

Message 3 of 20
Vtso4
Established Member

Here is the letter I wrote.

Dear Sir or Miss, 

Unfortunately, in 2007 I took advantage of our relationship and failed to submit my monthly payment on time.  It was an exceptionally chaotic time in my life as I was moving, unemployed and struggling with personal obstacles. I really regret not paying off my credit cards during that time. I am now in the process of rebuilding my credit history and future profile. I assure you I'm working really hard to improve my credit profile by now making on time monthly payments. I hope you understand that I made a mistake when I failed to make my payments.

In light of things, I am sincerely asking for a little goodwill and a chance at a positive credit rating by deleting the charge off as reported on my three major credit bureau files (Experian, TransUnion, & Equifax).

I appreciate your time and hope for a gesture of goodwill and to will continue to right what has been wronged with Banana Republic and GEMB. 

GECRB/Banana Republic

P.O. Box 965004, Orlando, FL 32896-5004

Message 4 of 20
Queeniam
Established Member

thanks for posting...I will be sending a round of letters out this week.

Starting Score: 569
Current Score: 601
Goal Score: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 20
chibi
Valued Member

Could you please send me a email you used to send GW

Thank you

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

We're trying to GW a 30 day late on BB and a paid in full collection from Verizon.  Would you mind sharing the addresses that you used for the two companies?  Thank you very much!

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, congratulations on your success!

I was wondering if there was a way to find out what can I possibly have on the end of GECRB that I always get rejected for a Banana Republic card?  I've tried to apply 2x's already within a year and still get a negative.  All my info is current and stable (EQ 650/TU 641/EXP 653) Should I write to them (GECRB) or Banana Republic and ask what's going on or request verification of all my data with them?  I have been denied due to bad collection accounts and I have none listed with any of the 3 bureaus, I only have 1 credit card reporting and it's never been late or past due or negative.  

I appreciate all feedback on this matter.

Thank you.

Message 8 of 20
CasperJack14
Contributor

Thank you for the sample letter. I have a baddie on my report from GECRB for a GAP card from college. Only shows on Experian - the other reports it has dropped off, even though it's not been 7 years. I'm going to try the GW letter you suggested and see if I have any luck Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 577 EX 9/9/2015
Current Score: 577 EX 9/9/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much for your sample letter.  Looking forward to send one asap! Take care.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.