Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB/Bassett Furniture...HELP PLEASE!!!

tag
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

GEMB/Bassett Furniture...HELP PLEASE!!!

Hi Community,

I am new to the forum and have questions that require assistance. Recently, I pulled my CR and saw a CO for GEMB/Bassett Furniture. However, the 3 CRAs have conflicting info EX states "CO", EQ reflects "Bad debt & placed for collection & skip"; and TU "Payment after charge off / collection". The funny thing about this situation is I never applied for this acct. As well, since this acct was opened in 2008 there is a CA assigned to this acct...CACH, LLC. I was receiving harrassing phone calls from CACH, LLC. I expressed to the CA that this acct did and does not belong to me which they requested a police report. I told them it is not up to me to provide proof. Following the phone call I drafted a DV CMRRR letter to CACH, LLC. Since then I have not received any phone calls from them.

However, the major problem is GEMB/Bassett and CACH, LLC are still reporting negative TLs. I have disputed these accts with the CRAs and you guessed right...the CRAs state the accts have been "verified". My question now is what do I do to have these items removed? To include, does anyone know what the SOLs in Maryland are?

Please any assistance is greatly appreciated

"On the Road to SUCCESS"

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GEMB/Bassett Furniture...HELP PLEASE!!!

I work in the banking industry.. If this really isnt your account then what you need to do is call the collection agency and tell them its not yours and that you will file a police report.. Sometimes they will remove the derogs from your report within days just because they dont want to hassle with all the other crap.. If they dont remove them then you will have to follow the fraud process and it may take awhile but you can have them removed..If these are actually your accounts and u just forgot you opened them and they charged off. Your best bet it to do a PAY FOR DELETE letter, agreeing to pay in full in exchange for the derogs to be removed from your report. They arent always successful but people have had success and sometimes u need to send them out every two weeks and annoy the hell out of them.

Message 2 of 7
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

This account is not mine so I do not plan on  PFD. Police stated I could not file a report because it is from 2008.

Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

A pfd is not accepting or acknowledging the debt, check the sample letters on the forums it will show you that.. So even by sending one you will not be taking responsibity of the debt. It may just save you from the argument going further. Also if the police wont let you file a report, i would contact experian, equifax and trans and tell the situation first hand and what you can do..they will guide you.. To make a long story short...this account is not your and eventually it will be taken off. Just follow those steps. All this credit repair stuff takes time but you can do it..

Message 4 of 7
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info but the amt is $12,000...any settlement is not feasible on my side.  Are there any other suggestions? Do you happen to know the SOL for MD?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe the SOL in maryland is 3 years.. yikes 12k? yea not exactly something u can just pay off. If that debt has been verified then they must have some pretty concrete evidence its valid. Do you have any family members that may have taken this out in your name? its very common. If that ended up being the case then the police have to file a report for fraud. The only bad thing to this is, you would have to press charges in order for it to be removed. At my bank we see fraud all the time...fathers with the same name as their son taking out credit lines or whatever it may be..

Message 6 of 7
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

No one in my family could have done it. I am military and my family members are eitther military, federal govt (with clerances) or law enforcement. From my understanding all they need is name, address, ssn# to say the acct is verified. Lastly, this acct was opened in 2008 which I was deployed...this is crazy.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.