Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOODWILL SUCCESS.........OMG!!!!

tag
Ford725
Established Contributor

GOODWILL SUCCESS.........OMG!!!!

I just received  an emailed response from the VP of Summit Financial. I had a auto loan with them in 2013, and paid off in Dec 2014. There were two 30 day lates appearing on my account that were there as a result of me losing my job and going on unemployment. Needless to say, I had tried tirelessly to get them to remove the lates since last October  to no avail. Then I discovered this forum. After exhausting every option, I decided to simply own my problem, take responsibility,  and pleaded my case. What did I have to lose, right?

Well, after getting the info from a CSP rep, I reached out to the VP on late Sunday evening. After a little back and forth, this was his response a few hours ago:

"Good afternoon Mr. XXXX, we compared the information you submitted to our payment history and we found that we accurately reported your account. We did decide however to remove the two negative entries as you requested primarily because they were more a function of your due date (your payments were due on the first of every month) in comparison to the date you paid the payment. In both cases it was shortly after the first of the month.

We have submitted an electronic request to the three credit bureau asking them to update your file. Unfortunately we don’t know when they will make the change therefore you may want to wait a prudent amount of time before you check your bureaus again.

We hope this satisfies your request, should you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us." 

IT WORKED.........Smiley Very Happy!!!

Never in a million years would I have thought to do this were it not for this forum. I can't  say it enough, but you guys are FANTASTIC! Thank you for everything. Now I just play the waiting game. 

Current Scores: FICO08 670 EQ, FICO08 703 TU, FICO08 661 EX
Goal Score: 700's all 3 (07/2016)
Walmart $6k | Chevron $4k | Firestone $2.2k | Capital One Venture $5.4k | Quicksilver One MC $1.3k | Capital One Platinum MC $1k | Bloomingdales $12k | Amazon Prime $6k | Ebates Visa $12k | The Gap Visa $7k | Banana Republic Visa $7 | Brylane Home $2.6k | Express $2.5k | Overstock $1.85k | Macy's $11.3k | Stash Visa $12k | Lowe's $12k | Care Credit $5k | Macy's Amex $2.1k | Chase Amazon Visa $.5k | Cabela's Club Visa $2k
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GOODWILL SUCCESS.........OMG!!!!

Sweet!

Emoticon-Thumbs Up.png

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats...

Message 3 of 22
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!! Smiley Happy
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!
Message 5 of 22
Ford725
Established Contributor

Thanks everybody! 

Walmart $6k | Chevron $4k | Firestone $2.2k | Capital One Venture $5.4k | Quicksilver One MC $1.3k | Capital One Platinum MC $1k | Bloomingdales $12k | Amazon Prime $6k | Ebates Visa $12k | The Gap Visa $7k | Banana Republic Visa $7 | Brylane Home $2.6k | Express $2.5k | Overstock $1.85k | Macy's $11.3k | Stash Visa $12k | Lowe's $12k | Care Credit $5k | Macy's Amex $2.1k | Chase Amazon Visa $.5k | Cabela's Club Visa $2k
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Persistence always pays off. Good job & Congrats.

Message 7 of 22
Ford725
Established Contributor

Absolutely! I learned it from you guys. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woo hooo congrats!

Message 9 of 22
toi34
Established Contributor

Congrats! ...but WAIT....they marked your CR's 30 days late for being just a few days past the due date???? Hmm.....maybe I'm missing something here?

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.