Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Advice Needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Advice Needed

Hello, new to the board. I'm sorry if this is a duplicate post; I just posted about this situation, but can no longer find it. Privileged to be a part of this community. 

I opened a loan in 2017. I paid right around the grace period for the first 9 months, no big deal, but the second 9 months hasn't been as great, with me paying closer to the following month. Well I got a hard lesson yesterday. So incredibly dumb, I didn't know that 30 days late was literally by day count, rather than simply "a month after the due date." Boom, my FICO dropped 50 points due to this. Same thing happened last month, so I will have another mark shortly for precisely 30 days late. If you really want to laugh, I actually paid the bill a few days earlier but post dated it by mistake. Do I have a shot at GW in this case given that my relationship with the lender is so short and I have paid around the grace period instead of the due date? And also, do I send all the letters at once to various teams, or just do one, wait for a response, and repeat if necessary? I'm a major idiot. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: GW Advice Needed

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Advice Needed

Wow thank you FireMedic1, what a magical thread. Round 1 starts Tuesday! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.