Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Backfire?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Backfire?

When Amazon Synchrony did a GW forgiveness of some 30 day lates they also cut my credit limit pretty significantly. Anyone had any experience with this? Not sure what to do? Should I wait and then request a CLI down the road or try to open up another card to account for the reduction? 

2 REPLIES 2
trusty
Frequent Contributor

Re: GW Backfire?

@Anonymous wrote:

When Amazon Synchrony did a GW forgiveness of some 30 day lates they also cut my credit limit pretty significantly. Anyone had any experience with this? Not sure what to do? Should I wait and then request a CLI down the road or try to open up another card to account for the reduction? 

The key was that you got the derogatory elements removed... which is great for your credit score.

It makes sense now to focus on growing other lines, particularly if they aren't giving you much choice in the matter.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Backfire?

Synchrony accounts are super easy to bump up with a SP through a call to Credit Solutions.  I'd give it a month or two to let the dust settle, then just make the call and get your limit bumped back up.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.